TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$225 + free shipping in the States. Size 10. Check out Revzilla.com for complete sizing info.
These boots are practically new. When I got my TW last year I'd planned to do a lot of off-road riding, but the majority of my riding has become a short commute to work or running errands around town, so I just don't need them. I bought them new from Revzilla last October and they've been sitting in my closet ever since. I've worn the boots 3 times for no longer than 30 minutes each trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
So what do you wear on your feet for your short trips?
Hopefully another type of ankle covering motorcycle boot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
$225 + free shipping in the States. Size 10. Check out Revzilla.com for complete sizing info.
These boots are practically new. When I got my TW last year I'd planned to do a lot of off-road riding, but the majority of my riding has become a short commute to work or running errands around town, so I just don't need them. I bought them new from Revzilla last October and they've been sitting in my closet ever since. I've worn the boots 3 times for no longer than 30 minutes each trip.
I have had the same boots for about 5 months and love them. I got the black as the brown was out of stock. Wear them almost every day for around town, errands, back and forth to the business and weekend adventures. I just keep some docksiders at my offices to change into if needed. IMO, keep them and wear them. You're just as likely to need ankle protection around town as anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I say keep them,you should always be wearing leather when even street riding. These are better street boots then they are dirt boots. Not enough protection for offroad use but perfect street boot. Work boots or sneakers are not enough protection on the street. Ive seen to many missing toe photos from people not wearing leather boots while riding on the street. Dont be one of those guys!! But again this is just my opinion...Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
637 Posts
Interested in these, but the sizing chart from Forma's website is one US size off based on my hiking boots and some dress shoes which show EU size (42/9).

Are you a true size 10 in most other shoes? If so, how do these fit/feel compared to those: tight? same? loose?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I say keep them,you should always be wearing leather when even street riding. These are better street boots then they are dirt boots. Not enough protection for offroad use but perfect street boot. Work boots or sneakers are not enough protection on the street. Ive seen to many missing toe photos from people not wearing leather boots while riding on the street. Dont be one of those guys!! But again this is just my opinion...Have fun and be safe
+1 on the safety of a good boots. I broke my ankle and my son broke his foot wearing steel toe work boots

·
Registered
956 Posts
AGATT-Look it up and do it. Even cool guys...especially cool guys get hurt. I know...I am very cool and I have gotten hurt. Do not ride in flip flops with a wife beater t-shirt and a sparsely dressed girl on the back (Daisy Duke shorts and halter top). Keep the boots. I hope that nobody buys your boots and you are forced to wear them every time you ride. MBW

·
Super Moderator
17,949 Posts
Ya never know...

Better to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interested in these, but the sizing chart from Forma's website is one US size off based on my hiking boots and some dress shoes which show EU size (42/9).

Are you a true size 10 in most other shoes? If so, how do these fit/feel compared to those: tight? same? loose?
Not op, but the best fit with the Forma boots is to use their size chart, put your heel against a wall or surface and have someone measure you foot length in inches without socks while you stand. Measure both feet and measure late in the day as feet get a little bigger as the day wears on. Also just because you wore a size X 5 years ago, doesn't mean you wear X now as feet get bigger with age. ( a friend owned shoe stores and explained the need to always measure shoes. Most people in the US wear shoes way too small. )

When judging riding boots / shoes you need at least 3/4 inch between toe and front inside and preferably more. Mine have about 1-1/8 inch and are perfect with a sock.
The Forma site is not really "off by one" US size, US sizing is just rounded up or down arbitrarily as Euro shoes are not actually made in US half sizes.

Measure foot, go by Forma sizing and recommendation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Keep them, I say.... I have a pair, had them two years or so; best boots I've ever had.

Re sizing... I usually take a European size 43 in a walking boot, but the size 44 in the Forma fits just right for me.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Who knew selling a pair of boots would bring such a response? I genuinely appreciate everyone's concerns. However, I didn't say I ride naked. I said I just don't need these particular boots for the riding I do which is mostly commuting around town under 30 mph and less than quarter of a mile to the office. I wear protective gear with Rev It Rodeo boots These boots still provide protection but are much more comfortable and suited for the office than the Forma boots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I wear a 9 or 9.5 in most shoes/boots. These are 44 EU and fit me good. I want you to be happy with them, so I'm willing to send you the boots to try for fit. If they fit, you can pay through PayPal. If they don't, send them back to me.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wear a 9 or 9.5 in most shoes/boots. These are 44 EU and fit me good. I want you to be happy with them, so I'm willing to send you the boots to try for fit. If they fit, you can pay through PayPal. If they don't, send them back to me.
Well dang! With that sort of offer, I'll definitely take you up on that.

Will send PM w/ my mailing address.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts