TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like we have alot of confusion on the forum. I want to explain how it works and if im wrong please let me know. Pic 1 shows the forum breakdown. The tw200 section includes 1) general discussion. 2) trails and offroad+adventure 3) tw200 classifieds. 4) performance and customization. Thats the tw200 section below that is "other forums" which includes 1) off topic and other bikes 2) test forum 3) yamaha fz-09 each section has a general idea of what to post about in that section pics 2 tells you the topic title and if you look to the right it will tell you which forum that it was posted under

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic 1

Pic 2

My reason for posting this in the general section is that we have alot of people complaining about post they dont like. I dont think most of the ones that are complaining realize that they are complaining about stuff not posted in the tw 200 section. So when looking at pic 2 look to the right to see what forum its under. It gets old reading complaints by people who are replying to the non tw section complaining about the post being non tw related. There is an off topic forum and an fz-09 forum. I dont think the fz-09 guys want to here people complaining about their fz-09 post in the "yamaha fz-09 section" not being tw related. So please look and see which forum the post is in before complaining. Please let me know if im wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
if im wrong please let me know.
Here's where you're wrong. The front page of the forum explains its purpose. "Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Yamaha TW200 owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts."
Have you ever seen politics promote "friendliness"? I haven't. Something as simple as Fred's post about his poor cat has been turned ugly. And for what? There are plenty of places to vent your spleen about anything that bothers you. Does this need to be turned into a place like that? I hope not.
I used to think this was a friendly bunch of folks, enjoying an odd little motorbike that brings a smile to my face. I have to say, Small's, I've always enjoyed your ride reports.
Now, there a few people I think much less of, because of their insistence on taking over just about every topic with their own issues. Off-topic doesn't mean it can't be conducted with the same civility that we've always used in our general discussions. It's not the occasional remark, its the incessant rudeness to everyone else that bothers me.
New posters, and old, have always said "What a friendly, helpful forum, not like so many others" when they have visited us. Do we have to change that?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bang head again!! I give up. People here are friendly but there is more than one forum here, like I tried to explain bit I guess nobody understands. The post you are talking about are not under the tw200 forum section. They are under the other forums like test forum, yamaha fz-09 forums.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
politics and religion are 2 things that i don't want to talk to anyone about...you're not going to change anyone's mind and it never ends well...and in those 2 topics there are no right answers...same thing goes for these 2 topics on forums...at the same time a debate on a forum in an off topic section about whatever is fine as long as it remains civil...i figure if you don't like it don't read it and def don't get butthurt by someone else's opinion

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Bang head again!! I give up. People here are friendly but there is more than one forum here, like I tried to explain bit I guess nobody understands. The post you are talking about are not under the tw200 forum section. They are under the other forums like test forum, yamaha fz-09 forums.
A friendly, helpful forum, and a rude, confrontational forum? Who made that decision?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
those sections are still part of the tw forum aside from the fz09 forum which is a sister forum that has a link on the tw forum...i'm confused as to where you're going with this...are you just saying that people aren't posting topics in the right section of the forum and telling them to read the sections to post them in the appropriate section?...if so the mods can move the topic to the correct section...i never really saw this as a huge problem here but then i'm usually just looking at the new posts section and don't really pay attention to the sections unless i post a new topic

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Interesting. I know what I found to be the most offensive and crude post in that thread.
Yes, Borneo, I'm sorry to admit that the subject does not bring out the best in me, either. I apologize to you, and to anyone else whom my earthiness may have offended. I should know better.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Here's where you're wrong. The front page of the forum explains its purpose. "Our goal is to be a friendly community comprised of Yamaha TW200 owners and other motorcycle enthusiasts."
Have you ever seen politics promote "friendliness"? I haven't. Something as simple as Fred's post about his poor cat has been turned ugly. And for what? There are plenty of places to vent your spleen about anything that bothers you. Does this need to be turned into a place like that? I hope not.
I used to think this was a friendly bunch of folks, enjoying an odd little motorbike that brings a smile to my face. I have to say, Small's, I've always enjoyed your ride reports.
Now, there a few people I think much less of, because of their insistence on taking over just about every topic with their own issues. Off-topic doesn't mean it can't be conducted with the same civility that we've always used in our general discussions. It's not the occasional remark, its the incessant rudeness to everyone else that bothers me.
New posters, and old, have always said "What a friendly, helpful forum, not like so many others" when they have visited us. Do we have to change that?
I would like to know what? EXACTLY is so ugly in that thread? However, since this is a discussion in the General Section of the main forum I would highly prefer that you reply in the Off Topic section so we can keep the TW forum about TWs.

I can't help but think that someone is starting a storm where none needs to be and even just moving these complaints from Off Topic over to here in General is WRONG!

GaryL

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
i never really saw this as a huge problem here
I still don't. I don't talk about politics here because I don't want to talk about it. But I enjoy joking in the context of those threads. I enjoy everything here, and I do understand and agree with what Smalls keeps saying. As for the last instance, I absolutely think opinions both ways on control/non control of coyotes who kill pets were appropriate and totally in line with the subject of the original post. I have no idea how it went run-away.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Mr Trip, no need to apologize to me, I think you are a class act. And I realize some things just trip people's triggers. (pun wasn't intended, but I caught it right before I was gonna hit send...so I'll leave it because it made me smile) I get lumped into the category that people object to, I know that, but, if you actually ever look, you will not see those comments by me. I don't make them. Guns? Sure, I really enjoy some of those discussions. Politics though...I gave up long ago. Religion? Very important to me, but not something I wish to discuss by typing on a keyboard, it's a personal thing for me.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
That being said, I like the way things are. I don't offend easily. It really seems to me there are liberal comments as well...it's just nobody kicks about them.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think the point being made was if you want to talk about cats but not dogs, you should stay out of threads labeled "dogs". Go write and read whatever you want to about your cats and leave the dog talkers to their selves. I don't walk up to my drunk cousin at a family reunion to tell him he is going to hell. No need to mess with the drunks here either. Sometimes people with good intentions turn into trolls. Just say no to trolling.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is how I feel
if its posted in the off topic and other bikes forum then it isnt in the tw200 section as shown on pic 1. The tw200 forum section is the first four under tw200 forum "general discussion, offroad/trails, tw200 classifieds and performance and customization. Below that is other forums which is off topic, test and the yamaha fz-09. They are separated. The reason im posting this is that people are complaining about post not being tw related that arent in the tw section to begin with. I dont care what is posted in the off topic forum "politics, religion, hot chicks or whatever" because its in the off topic and non tw related forum. If it was posted in say the general discussion area then yes it wouldnt be right. If I dont like a post in the off topic section I dont have to read it or click on it as I know when I see the new post list it shows on the right side of the page that its in the off topic not tw related section. the recent threads page show everything recent whether its in the tw forum section or the other forums.
this isnt about political side or religion its about how the forum is laid out however I feel like some want it like the remote control.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
myself i think the "tw200 forums" section and the "other forums" section are useless divisions...its just a formality...get rid of both sections and just list all the sub topics in the same section...there are only a whole whopping 8 sub topics!....or just leave the fz09 forum link in that "other forums" section...i really don't see what all this hooplah is all about in the first place though...<--did i spell that right? ;)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you click on forums this is what pops up
which shows the tw200 forums under one heading and "other forum" under other forums. It clearly separates them and Thats what im trying to explain here.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Maybe we just need a rating system like when a movie comes on TV. Rated R, may contain Profanity, Nudity, Violence or Political opinions!:D

GaryL

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tapatalk breaks them into different forum categories as well. Example.
click on other and you get this
click on tw200 and get this

1 - 20 of 35 Posts