TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have lost your job, have kids to feed, rent to pay, and are sincerely in need of a couple bucks, send me a message and tell me about it.

I'm putting aside $300 dollars to help established forum members with a few bucks. How much each person gets will depend on how many reply.

No one needs to know you might be struggling, so don't post your need here, send me a message and I will reply.

May God Bless...

For those wishing to donate to help these folks, you can use PayPal. Contact me for phone or email to donate please.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wow, you guys are great. I love the giving attitude that you have. I don't know about you, but I get so much joy helping folks. It's my very favorite thing to do. I look for opportunities all the time. I'm really impressed with you guys.

Fred $ Undisclosed amount
Scooterbrained $ Undisclosed amount
Bad luck $ Undisclosed amount
Joemama $ Undisclosed amount
G-FOURce $ Undisclosed amount
Scooterbrained $ Undisclosed amount
Joeband $ Undisclosed amount
TW-Brian $ Undisclosed amount
Purple $ Undisclosed amount
Goin4it offered $ 300
SkiPro offered $ 300
Gullyjumper $ Undisclosed amount
Mine $ 300

This could really help a few folks. I'm proud of you guys. Dang Dudes!!!

But we have a problem. After PayPal used an unauthorized card of mine one time which cost me, I don't use these kind of services anymore. You could send it to me directly and I promise every single penny will go towards helping someone. Or we can send it to you and you dole it out. Doesn't matter to me.

Problem # 2
Would you believe that sometimes I have to almost beg folks to let me help them? I've gotten good response most of the time but it has happened in the past where no one replied to me at all. Folks sometimes don't want to admit they could use a little help. If only they knew what a great bunch of folks there are here on the forum. A lot of good hearts here. If no one responds, I'll send it back to you, but hopefully that won't happen. And it might be helpful if you guys also beg and plead with me here and help bump the thread and keep it in the forefront for now. I know there has to be a few who could really use a helping hand, there just has to be. I'm also open to helping any forum members neighbors if they are in need. People in need are people in need, plain and simple. Can you think of any forum members in need? One family I was thinking of is Mudbugs (Mandy) family. This could be used for a nice Thanksgiving dinner, or maybe there's a kid out there who needs shoes for school? Put your thinking caps on and let's help a few folks!!

O yeah... and the 2 forum members (who you all know so well) that sent my money back to me last time.... I'll git you Yet!! hahaha 😁

Β·
Registered
1,326 Posts
There were times as a young married man with small kids I would be hurtin' for money. Lost job, no medical insurance, etc. The first thing I did was sell off my toys including motorcycles. It's just what I felt was the responsible adult thing to do. No internet in those days like now were Go Fund Me and other venues like this forum existed so folks looking for a direct way to lend a hand could. I do not fund the traditional charities other than Salvation Army. Too many overhead costs with high salaried administration and management.
My goal in helping tommy out is two fold;
1. I never want to hear of someone selling off their motorcycle to make ends meet for a short term situation. My bike is one way to relieve stress and a way to take care of my mental health.
2. I never want to fund certain activities some charities dole money out for. Most are general in nature and I just do not wish to fund some of their distribution. Direct is best. Anonymous more so. I can leave a gift card for a grocery store in a mail box, or better a debt card preloaded so the recipient can use it for what ever they have need; gas, bills, etc.

As tommy said, it does the giver as much good as it does the recipient. Probably more so. I have been blessed greatly in my life and it just seems the more I give away, the more comes back. So consider a gift of cash as an act of grace you provide for the gifter.

Β·
Registered
1,326 Posts
tommy, look up VENMO if you don't have it. I help out an elderly neighbor by doing all his grocery shopping for him. He e-mails me his shopping list and I send him a VENMO request for the amount. He then sends me that amount and I can instantly transfer it to my bank account. Much faster than PayPal with none of the BS. I even now use it at drive throughs and other businesses that I can just hold my smart phone up to for a scan. No more handling money that might have CV-19 all over it. But if that doesn't work, message me your mailing address and I'll send you funds.
If you don't find anyone in need, hit up the bell ringers this year and that'll work too. Just don't send it back! Ha!

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look it up Ski, thanks. And I was just thinking I need to bump my CRF 250L up for sale again... haha

I'm adding names and amounts to the list above as folks contact me. I'm impressed with you guys and I'm not usually impressed easily...

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow guys, I started this alone and several folks wanted in on it. This is way cool, I wasn't expecting this at all. Look at the list growing in post 4. I'm proud of you guys, seriously!! What wonderful giving spirits!!

Now, for those for whom this fund is for...YOU BETTER START SPEAKING UP!!

Reactions: buellzebub

Β·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Β·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Pride can make it hard for many to accept any Charity from their fellow man. Understandable. Oddly they may take government & NGO aid anonymously but are too embarrassed to take help from their neighbors.
But many may not realize that person to person Charity has two parts: love of God and love of man, which includes both love of one's neighbor and one's self. So accepting generously offered help benefits both the giver and the recipient. Most of the needy I knew who could have used this help have moved on, hopefully to something better.
Bless you Tommy.
I hope no one tries to take advantage of everyone's kindness here.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pride can make it hard for many to accept any Charity from their fellow man. Understandable. Oddly they may take government & NGO aid anonymously but are too embarrassed to take help from their neighbors.
But many may not realize that person to person Charity has two parts: love of God and love of man, which includes both love of one's neighbor and one's self. So accepting generously offered help benefits both the giver and the recipient. Most of the needy I knew who could have used this help have moved on, hopefully to something better.
Bless you Tommy.
I hope no one tries to take advantage of everyone's kindness here.
T

Fred, I have seen someone sign up on the forum before just to ask for the $$$ !!! ha ha
I did ask this time for established forum members though. They need to have been around here a tiny bit and have posted, and I want them to explain their need to me a little. I'm doing my best so we won't get taken advantage of.

I really need any one who is in need to not be shy and to speak up. Anyone have any ideas as to whom might need a little help??? Help me think of folks...please!! And it doesn't have to be someone in dire need necessarily. Even a small thoughtful gift this time of year can let someone know we care, and miss them and are thinking about them too.
I had Mudbug's family on my heart, also Dette, and Mike from San Diego (the sailboat guy) who had to sell his bikes because he was going blind...and Gerry and Saskia??

Let's touch some hearts guys!!

Β·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Alll excellant suggestions LT. Sounds like you have this well thought out. Tweeker & Dirtluvr from San Diego are probably not hurting but a little love sent their way is a good idea, I really liked meeting and riding with them. All mentioned seem like very good people.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Fred, I need help to think of some folks. I also heard brother Mike from Boonville, CA whom we all love is having serious abdominal problems of some sort. I tried PMing him but haven't heard back at all which worries me a bit. A small gift basket letting him know we are all here for him might bless him about now...

Anything I send will be from all of us forum members.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alll excellant suggestions LT. Sounds like you have this well thought out. Tweeker & Dirtluvr from San Diego are probably not hurting but a little love sent their way is a good idea, I really liked meeting and riding with them. All mentioned seem like very good people.
Yeah, I really liked them too. Do you know that they met with my Mom in downtown San Diego for lunch one day? Fine folks they are. Such a shame about his eyes.

Reactions: Fred and buellzebub

Β·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Tommy

Haven't been on a forum in a bit, now I find you doing this Covid fund.
Good for uou brother.

Jesus brought me through the virus last month.
Sick for 10 days, went to ER.
Feel better now than I have in years.
Ready to donate my blood plasma for the anti-bodies I now have.

God is good

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Tommy

Haven't been on a forum in a bit, now I find you doing this Covid fund.
Good for uou brother.

Jesus brought me through the virus last month.
Sick for 10 days, went to ER.
Feel better now than I have in years.
Ready to donate my blood plasma for the anti-bodies I now have.

God is good

Did that set you back financially a bit brother? If you are like many of us, it's survival paycheck to paycheck and two weeks of not working and being sick could be very hard. How can we help you my friend?

Β·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Mike's House of Madness from Booneville sure deserves some better luck. He did a mighty fine job hosting a soggy TW Group Ride a few years ago despite significant rains. Then we were saddened when on his way to join us on another Group Ride hosted by SanDue his Mini-bago motorhome decided to barf up its transmission.:(
Sure wish Mike the best!
That is one guy I would sure like to see & ride with again...maybe because he is one of the few who still speak Bootling.
Mike can be a handy guy to have around if your trying to order a beer in Booneville.:giggle:

Β·
Super Moderator
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike's House of Madness from Booneville sure deserves some better luck. He did a mighty fine job hosting a soggy TW Group Ride a few years ago despite significant rains. Then we were saddened when on his way to join us on another Group Ride hosted by SanDue his Mini-bago motorhome decided to barf up its transmission.:(
Sure wish Mike the best!
That is one guy I would sure like to see & ride with again...maybe because he is one of the few who still speak Bootling.
Mike can be a handy guy to have around if your trying to order a beer in Booneville.:giggle:
Yeah, that place is a trip. I really love that brother. He's got a good heart. Fred, can I put you down for a donation? We could get a gift sent from the forum to Mike pretty quickly.

Β·
Registered
6 Posts
Did that set you back financially a bit brother? If you are like many of us, it's survival paycheck to paycheck and two weeks of not working and being sick could be very hard. How can we help you my friend?
Actually the Father God has richly blessed us this year in our company.
What Satan meant to destroy God used for our victory.
My company designed and developed a new N95 mask that uses proper filters to catch Coronavirus size particles.
I did this in conjunction with John's Hopkins, the University of Illinois and two local hospitals.
We are working for all essential businesses and this other Covid related research helped to pay bills and keep all of our staff fully employed for the last 8 months.
Hasn't been easy here in Illinois with this governor we have but God has prevailed on our account.
I have been contributing to many ministrys globally to help keep both the gospel going out and food and clothing and medicines moving to those who need them most. Plus as you know Mercy Chefs and Samaritans purse have been on the front lines caring for Covid related and hurricane relief.
God is greater!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts