TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I can't tell you how impressed I am with the generosity of the forum members. I had no idea this was going to go in the direction it is. I'm super impressed and I know this is going to touch a few hearts around here. The list of donors just keeps growing (post 4) unbelievable folks, really!!

Please review the ideas I had for folks in need and let me know what you think. If you know of anyone in need, please speak up, we need ideas and this isn't just about where I think it could go, it's a forum effort.

I'm so proud of you all! (y) This is going to make an impact and touch needy hearts!!

Please contact me for the phone number or email address needed to donate. You can use PayPal.

Β·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Seems I can not use Zelle. My bank/credit union is not listed. It then asks for a debit card number. I do not use debit cards. I do have a bank savings account, checking account, credit cards, PayPal, Venmo or I can snail mail you a personal check.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Seems I can not use Zelle. My bank/credit union is not listed. It then asks for a debit card number. I do not use debit cards. I do have a bank savings account, checking account, credit cards, PayPal, Venmo or I can snail mail you a personal check.
OK, I just set up a PayPal also then.

*** Anyone interested in helping our forum members, contact me and I'll send you my phone or email to do it with. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Ski, appreciate you letting me know.

Β·
Registered
1,662 Posts
OK, I just set up a PayPal also then. Use same phone number or email address as above.

Thanks Ski, appreciate you letting me know.
DONE! 🀲

EDIT
I used your e-mail and got this message;

Tommy needs to create a PayPal account to accept your $300.00. Once they do, we'll transfer it from your account.

We'll cancel this transaction if they don't accept it in 10 days.

Transaction ID13M526315M080331R
Sent to tommyuglyfatboydonuteater@yahoo.com < not the real one and it was me who edited this not Ski.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Β·
Registered
992 Posts
You guys should be sure to delete those email addresses and phone number from your posts as soon as possible, so they aren't harvested by some bot and used to eternally harass /spam LT.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yeah I'm a bit worried about that... ;-)

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You guys should be sure to delete those email addresses and phone number from your posts as soon as possible, so they aren't harvested by some bot and used to eternally harass /spam LT.
Thanks, I took them out.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Donations are starting to roll in.
PayPal is up and working now. Use PayPal if possible please. I can also send my address if you prefer to go that route. Contact me through "conversations" and I'll give you the info needed to make a donation.

OK, who's heart do we touch first? :unsure: Input needed please, it's a group forum effort.

Β·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I don't know near the folks on here as most of you do especially personally. However, Mike from Boonville sounds like a good start what with the troubles he is having that you speak of.

My only contact with him was a very nice one. When I sent a small donation to the Ride Straight and Shoot Fast get together, I think it was SanDue that suggested a badge sent my way. Mike jumped at that right away and I received a set of badges and a cool comedic Boontville history book and dictionary.

I hope he is doing OK! Certainly makes one wonder since you have not been able to get a message to or back from him.

Marty

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yep, that's the same guy. O don't worry, I'll track him down sooner or later... I got a couple feelers out now. I agree though, he'll be one of the first. Thanks brother Marty, you got a good heart bro.

Β·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thank you Sir for being the front runner and mediator of this endeavor. I am sure it will prove to be NO small task!

Keep in mind this is not meant to be a burden on you money wise past your donation. Use whatever of the funds necessary towards postage, shipping and handling.

As @Ski Pro 3 said, I do not (any longer) donate money to big organizations for some way overpaid administrator to sit back and do nothing more than count the money coming in. I guarantee you they don't use any of their personal money for postage, shipping, handling and such.

Years ago when working with the State I had money come out of my paycheck towards (United Which Way?) each payday. When news broke of the crook/crooks running the organization and the monies used towards personal pleasures, no more from me for any such organization.

While we as human beings have a responsibility to help one another out in different ways, when money is involved, we also have a responsibility to know where that money goes.

Thank you again for being the TaskMaster of this gracious deed!

Marty

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It gives me something to do during the winter and it's probably healthier for me than watching Leave it to Beaver reruns and eating Donuts all day feeling sorry for myself. Actually bro I come alive doing stuff like this, it really motivates me. I love reaching out and touching hearts and making a difference if I can and I know when someone receives something like this out of the blue when they're struggling along, it can make a tremendous tremendous impact on their life just to know that someone was thinking about them and cared. I will say however that when I started this venture it was only supposed to be me doing it, that I can handle, but then everybody jumped in and wanted to contribute so yeah I'll be busy for a while ...

I can't tell you how proud I am of the Forum members who stepped up, so thank you Marty and to everyone else who is involved in this. God bless you all! (y)

Reactions: mhomadness

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This is Mike in Booneville California

The first recipient if everyone agrees...

Mike is a warm, loving and kind gentleman worthy of a blessing. I've never met him, but I sure would like to one day. I'm thinking a gift basket with a whole lot of love from the forum members.

What say ye all?

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update:
No one seemed to have Mike's address in Booneville, so I had no choice but to text him. He responded right back and we had a good chat. He is in preparation for surgery tomorrow afternoon. This is the 3rd time for the same surgery so they are going to take a closer look at what is going on. Since he has gone through this two times before, he's cool, calm and collected except for one thing. He's absolutely STARVING because they won't let him eat until after the surgery. haha Mike is a great guy whom I'm so glad we're helping. The cat's out of the bag and he now knows somethings up since I had to ask him for his mailing address. I know he'll be blessed and really touched by this. I am having a nice motorcycle related snack and goodies gift basket sent and since his surgery is tomorrow, I paid a little extra for 2 day shipping which was probably best so that it is a timely gift coordinated with his surgery. I'll update this after I hear more from him. You guys did great jumping in on this project. Mike is a worthy candidate for this, thanks to all of you.
OK, who's next? Please let me know your thoughts on this folks. I need the help deciding, it's a forum effort, not just my thing. What do you guys think about Mandy (mudbug) and family? I know for a fact that William and Mandy and kids do struggle along sometimes. William and one of their daughters were exposed to the virus a few days ago, and are waiting to see what happens. A little worried about this is an understatement right now for them and when you are quarantined, you can't work for a couple weeks, this is affecting them already. They are a wonderful loving family who we could bless with at least enough funds for a nice family Thanksgiving dinner. What do you guys think?

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think you have very good judgement in assessing need.
I still could use some help in deciding who we try to help Ski and suggestions on amounts or gifts. Feel free to jump right in, seriously. I love this kind of stuff though. I really get wound up and motivated.
Help me folks!!

Reactions: buellzebub

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok, number 2 done.
William & Mandy & Kids... (The beautiful Mudbug family)
Actually did 3 yesterday, two of them mine though. I'm thinking Mike should get his gift basket tomorrow. He's in surgery right now. I'll update his progress if I hear from him later, he's going to be out of it for a bit I think.

I sent the Mudbug family via PayPal $125.00 for a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Wasn't sure if that was enough? All it ever costs me is the price of a soda and a bag of microwave popcorn. What do you think? Mandy has been diagnosed with some bad lung and breathing problems. She only has 50% use of her lungs and get's severely fatigued doing the simplest things. Doc said lungs of a 90 year old. Since almost no one is chiming in with suggestions, er ah...thanks guys ;):LOL: haha, help help! I thought this might work well for them and take a big load off of Mandy for the holidays. I really admire their beautiful little family and hope they are blessed mightily by this. Please remember them in your prayers.

Who's next? help! help! suggestions please! :)

Β·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Give me a holler Little Tommy if I can help.Life’s been pretty good to me the last few years. May even have some pull with the big man upstairs. I’ve had some close calls so he must be keeping me around for a reason.

πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‰

21 - 40 of 114 Posts