TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
that's awesome to hear tommy! great job and thank you!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hearing from LT then getting a paypal notification was a definite surprise yesterday. A blessing to say the least this time of year. I can't thank each and every one of you enough as this will provide a large Thanksgiving dinner for our family, which is something we dont usually get to have. LT also saved us from having to eat Mudbugs latest catch

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
View attachment 209363 Hearing from LT then getting a paypal notification was a definite surprise yesterday. A blessing to say the least this time of year. I can't thank each and every one of you enough as this will provide a large Thanksgiving dinner for our family, which is something we dont usually get to have. LT also saved us from having to eat Mudbugs latest catch
I told her I had noting to do with it, I was just the slacker that they (you guys) assigned the job to. ha ha ha ha :ROFLMAO: I blamed all you guys!! (y)😆

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just seeing this thread now. This is amazing LT. Nice work!
Yeah isn't it. Folks wanted right in to help. Still taking donations, every penny and then some will go to help these folks. Rock On!!
I love this kind of stuff, I thrive on it and really get motivated.
Know that I am accountable for every penny of this. I wouldn't ever use any of these funds for anything else. I think you guys trust me and I have a fair reputation around here, but if you guys who donated to the cause want me to, I can start writing down where every penny went and show everyone when the mission is finished. Also, there are a couple folks who said they'd help but haven't contacted me as to how and where to put the money. Get ahold of me if you still want to do it, and no pressure, if perhaps you had second thoughts and changed your mind, it's ok, I'll work with what I got. Just let me know please so I can plan ahead one way or another. Hey and thanks, I know these folks are touched and it's a real blessing this time of year for them. I applaud all of you. Wonderful giving hearts, all of you. Says a lot about you. Thank you very much.

Ok, Mike in Booneville came through his operation just fine and is already talking about going back to work in just a day or two. That's great news. He's a good dude, I've always liked that guy for some reason. I was thinking his package would come today but apparently not so far. I'll keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Let me know when funds need replenishing. A stock pile is always handy for emergency contingencies.
Ski, you've given very generously already, you gotta keep enough around to eat and all... put that idea on hold. I'm hoping more will contribute, this is a very good thing the forum is doing.

Ok, now I'm going to twist an arm...snicker snicker hehehe
📣 Hey Fred my dear brother, I know you want in on this. Shall I expect your donation soon?? (I hinted at him once teasingly and he ignored me... haha) Step up bro... 😉 haha He'll be pissed hehehe

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I believe Mike in Booneville has received the gift basket now. Someone sent me a thank you internet card. Good job guys.

Next!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
T

Fred, I have seen someone sign up on the forum before just to ask for the $$$ !!! ha ha
I did ask this time for established forum members though. They need to have been around here a tiny bit and have posted, and I want them to explain their need to me a little. I'm doing my best so we won't get taken advantage of.

I really need any one who is in need to not be shy and to speak up. Anyone have any ideas as to whom might need a little help??? Help me think of folks...please!! And it doesn't have to be someone in dire need necessarily. Even a small thoughtful gift this time of year can let someone know we care, and miss them and are thinking about them too.
I had Mudbug's family on my heart, also Dette, and Mike from San Diego (the sailboat guy) who had to sell his bikes because he was going blind...and Gerry and Saskia??

Let's touch some hearts guys!!
Hi All,

I am alive and well.... sooo nice to hear someone remembers me.

I've been meaning for years to try and meet up with forum members for some of the rides but there's a nasty four letter word that always seems to squelch my plans, WORK.....lol. Didn't get to retire like I had hoped so still don't have time to do something epic like the annual Moab event but if I put my mind to it next year and the moon and the stars align with my work schedule maybe, just maybe I could make one of the meetups in my state or a neighboring state if you all still host such events. I would have to ride the TW to any such event and you will know why if you choose to continue reading...lol

These past couple of years I moved twice and recently became a certified MSF Rider Coach with the hope that I will supplement my income when I finally do get to retire.... still in the learning curve on that endeavor and a couple more years until retirement so wish me luck.

Have managed to drag my same three bikes around with me, I now have a two car garage and a flat driveway so moving wasn't all bad..... in fact, for me, that's a huge upgrade from the one car garage and steep driveway I previously had. I can't carry my TW on the back of my car anymore because my Xterra blew a head gasket the day before I closed on the house.... very bad timing, it was my moving vehicle.... heck, it was my only four wheeled vehicle. Funny side note on that, when I went to pick up the keys for the new house from the real estate office, my realtor had left me a gift box. The office was closing for the day, it was hot outside and I was on a motorcycle. Thank goodness I had Rok straps. What a sight, big ole box of goodies strapped to my V-Star. The chocolates melted before I got home but it was a beautiful box full of nice treats. I have wonderful friends who lent me their old car to finish my move. Life, you just never know what's going to be thrown at you.... I think 2019 was preparing me for 2020.... hope you all are doing as well through this crazy year as I am.
Dette

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I believe Mike in Booneville has received the gift basket now. Someone sent me a thank you internet card. Good job guys.

Next!!
Had a great talk with Mike tonight. He's doing excellent and appears to to have miraculously healed overnight. He's raring to go and get back to living life. What a cool guy with a great attitude about life. I love that brother. Anyway, somehow he ended up with the tracking number so he already knows what's up and what's coming... RATS. O well. He's mightily blessed, perhaps humbled a bit that everyone really cared about him. I don't think he will forget the moment, he's touched by the thoughtfulness of the members here who gave to him. I expect the package to show up tomorrow and I think he'll be thanking you guys, so good job guys, another one checked and off the list. We touched a heart tonight by simply caring and loving our brother. I believe God notices these things and someday we'll reap a blessing ourselves for nothing more than doing the right thing and loving someone. We did good. (y) Thank you gentlemen. I really am amazed at you all.

Next!!
Hi All,

I am alive and well.... sooo nice to hear someone remembers me.

I've been meaning for years to try and meet up with forum members for some of the rides but there's a nasty four letter word that always seems to squelch my plans, WORK.....lol. Didn't get to retire like I had hoped so still don't have time to do something epic like the annual Moab event but if I put my mind to it next year and the moon and the stars align with my work schedule maybe, just maybe I could make one of the meetups in my state or a neighboring state if you all still host such events. I would have to ride the TW to any such event and you will know why if you choose to continue reading...lol

These past couple of years I moved twice and recently became a certified MSF Rider Coach with the hope that I will supplement my income when I finally do get to retire.... still in the learning curve on that endeavor and a couple more years until retirement so wish me luck.

Have managed to drag my same three bikes around with me, I now have a two car garage and a flat driveway so moving wasn't all bad..... in fact, for me, that's a huge upgrade from the one car garage and steep driveway I previously had. I can't carry my TW on the back of my car anymore because my Xterra blew a head gasket the day before I closed on the house.... very bad timing, it was my moving vehicle.... heck, it was my only four wheeled vehicle. Funny side note on that, when I went to pick up the keys for the new house from the real estate office, my realtor had left me a gift box. The office was closing for the day, it was hot outside and I was on a motorcycle. Thank goodness I had Rok straps. What a sight, big ole box of goodies strapped to my V-Star. The chocolates melted before I got home but it was a beautiful box full of nice treats. I have wonderful friends who lent me their old car to finish my move. Life, you just never know what's going to be thrown at you.... I think 2019 was preparing me for 2020.... hope you all are doing as well through this crazy year as I am.
Dette

View attachment 209366
Talked to Dette today also, She's a nice gal and pretty sharp. I stumbled around a bit when she wanted facts. Who started this, why are they doing this, why me? You know how the drill goes, she's tough and sharp as a tack and doesn't miss anything... I hemmed and hawed around a bit doing my best, blaming all of you for the deed done. It's there waiting for her, but she hadn't accepted it yet and opened the gift last I checked. So Dette... if you read this later on, just take it, grab a friend, go out for a nice dinner with one of your dear friends and have a nice evening on us. Don't question why, just go have a nice time plain and simple. In all honesty, we are ones blessed just being able to do this and we will share and enjoy the moment with you in our hearts. You work so hard and you so deserve this. Just take it and go enjoy yourself, and we won't take no for a answer. We all love and cherish our lady riders around here and hold them in high regard and don't make me have to come over there.... hahaha 😁😉
* we gave her 100 bucks.

Bless you my friend, enjoy!!
I'll match tommy's efforts. Tommy, let me know when I can help. I have paypal and venmo methods set up and can send to you for distribution.
Man, I love guys like you Ski who step up and meet the challenge head on... you're the best bro!!

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here's yer holler bro... 😉😁
Here's holler number 3.... 😆 hurry up, I'm growin hoarse yelling so loud all the way over there!!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
I'm bringing this here for all to see so that everything is known and all moneys trusted with are accounted for. This is a PM that I received a while ago from a member, but it belongs out here.

This came to me from buckyball23 a non posting member since May 2019 he starts with "Offer to help." as the subject line, his message as follows:

2 h ago

His message to me:
Hi littletommy,
I’m writing in response to your offer to help. It’s sometimes hard to ask, but also hard to find help when you need it. Thanks for making it easier. I’ve been out of work for about 21 months now. I’ve been dealing with depression and it’s tough. One of the things that helps me is riding my TW. Thankfully I was able to find an older farm bike when I had to sell my 2019 to pay some bills. Anyway, I’ve got 7 kids (6at home still) and the wife’s job just isn’t enough month to month. Anything you guys could do to help would be greatly appreciated.
-Micah Buck

20 minutes ago

My response:
Ok Micah, let's talk about this for a moment if you don't mind. First off, you really don't meet our criteria and qualify for the help since I've asked for well established members. Now I do see that you've been here a while but this is only your first post. We've been ripped off and taken advantage of around here before and I don't take that lightly. We're giving out of the goodness of our hearts, paid for by the sweat of our brows and hard labor. Know now that if you were to rip us off with a scam, I'll be over there, turn you upside down and shake you until the money falls out and then kick your little behind around the block a few times. I'm old school bad ass If I have to be and I don't mess around. Your rip us off and bro, I'll come git you and I ain't kidding.

But... ;)

I believe you. It takes a certain amount of balls to even ask. So...how bout a 100 bucks? It's not much, I know, but it will help a little and we've a long ways to go to help folks in need with what I have to work with.

Deal?

I'll send you a message with what you have to do and my phone number and email which you will need to access the money, then you reply back to me with first and last name that I need to give it to you. Ok?
One other thing... 7 kids bro, really? You have way way too much free time on your hands, those kids need you, so you better git up off the couch, stop feeling sorry for yourself, shake the depression off and git with it, we all deal with depression and if you only knew what I deal with...I'm just sayin. So thank God sincerely for what you do have and get out there and find another job. You gotta do what you gotta do bro and that family is counting on you, they only have you to look to for answers, so man up and get out there every day until something happens. Be diligent and MAKE it happen whatever it takes. You really don't have any choice, someone's depending on you plain and simple and you have to come through for them. No choice, so get going. Deal?
Consider yourself spanked. Here comes my info that you'll need. Waiting on you now bro...

And Micah, I fully expect you to return here after you've been helped and sincerely thank these guys who made this possible for you.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
tommy,
i'm sure i can speak for everyone... no accounting is need from you.

not even a trail of donut crumbs could impugn your character, your credibility is impeccable.... aside from an irrational fondness for model 1987 t-dubs.

thank you for all your effort and good work.

joe band

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
tommy,
i'm sure i can speak for everyone... no accounting is need from you.

not even a trail of donut crumbs could impugn your character, your credibility is impeccable.... aside from an irrational fondness for model 1987 t-dubs. <<<<<< you forgot donuts bro hehe

thank you for all your effort and good work.

joe band
That's funny bro and I do appreciate hearing that. I figured as such but ya never know and some folks don't know me like you old timers. Thanks brother. Just keepin it on the up and up, but then again... Acapulco with the warm and sunny skies does sound pretty good and with all this cash Hmmm, I could be living large!!! ha ha ha ha Only kidding bra, God's watching and I gave up trying to sneak things by him long ago. He'd whup my ass. I'm supposed to know better by now!! haha!!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Seems strange buckyball23, with zero posts and no forum presence other than the creation of his username knew so quickly of this gifting thread and replied. God will guide your heart in what ever you decide, tommy. None of us are going to second guess your call.

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Seems strange buckyball23, with zero posts and no forum presence other than the creation of his username knew so quickly of this gifting thread and replied. My spidey senses are tingling. I think there's more 'splainin' to do as to how he discovered the thread so recently created and why he hasn't contributed posts still today. I wonder what I would do in a similar situation.
I know I know but I think he might be telling the truth and I'd hate to refuse someone that could be in genuine need. Ya reap what you sow, if he's scamming me, it'll come around to get him sooner or later. I'll pay that one with my own money so that no one takes the hit but me if he's lying. It's really stupid to take advantage of one of God's men, cuz God'l get him haha. Ski, he's used 4 IP addresses from Moses lake near me to as far as Boise, Idaho. I checked each one and noted the times and he's clean as a whistle as far as a troublemaker or spammer on any site anywhere etc. as far as I can see and of course I can dial right in on him.
The different locations could be for any reason. His sign up is here is legit. We'll see what he does. I can see him when he signs in and looks around. I brought it out here so the members could help critique him and everything is in the light and accounted for. No dark alley secret transactions will happen on my watch. If you guys think he's scamming, I'll bring him right out here to answer questions until we all agree.

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ok, here's the latest from him just now and my response.

20 min ago
Tommy,

I appreciate the words of encouragement, so thank you. I also thank you for this offering that you are willing to give. I do want to take care of my family, and I’m trying my best to fulfill my responsibility. I’m sincere in my need, and this will mean a lot to us.

I know each of us have our struggles and trials, and the growth we can achieve from overcoming them is part of our purpose here in life. We must rely on each other and the Lord when things are tough.

Depression has been with me since I was a teen, and over the years I’d found success in coping with it and being able to accomplish what was needful. Though I dealt with it, I wasn’t very empathetic to others that also dealt with it. I felt if I could get through it they should be able to too.

Then a tidal wave like nothing I’d experienced before wiped me out. The waves continue on still unrelenting. It has really humbled me. I wasn’t able to return to my old job even on a part time basis, and I haven’t been successful when starting new jobs since then. I will keep trying though of course. I hope that eventually the sea will calm enough for me to navigate it again. Until then I just hold on. Every day I don’t drown is a success.

I have found more understanding in my mind and heart through all of it. If you or anyone you know needs someone to talk to about depression I would like to offer my meager assistance.

The TW forum has been a bright spot for me. I’m more of a reader than a writer, but I do feel a kinship with the other TW riders. I could tell it was more than just words when Jimbo sent me my cafe shield with a personal note and picture. I discovered it at a time when I needed it and I will always be grateful.

-Micah Buck

5 min ago
my response:

Micah, I want to take this conversation out into the open forum so the contributing members can look at this and feel comfortable with you. I'm sorry about that but it's not solely my money I'm giving away, it's all of ours and everyone should have a choice as to it's purpose and destination. It's only right that I let them see this. I'm not saying no at this point yet but it's my job to handle the money correctly and be accountable. Wait until I move it out there and we will continue this conversation there please.

·
Super Moderator
18,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
he says:
Fine by me.
-mb

I say:
Micah, We'll put this on pause until the contributing members have a chance to look it over, thank you. We should have this sorted out tomorrow and if all agree, I will send you the money immediately.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts