TW200 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Micah, no contributors are online right now, go on ahead to bed brother check back in the morning.

tommy

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Appreciate that, thank you.

Β·
Registered
3,447 Posts
follow your heart LT

Β·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Howdy from Boonville!

First off, I would like to thank little Tommy for his generous undertaking of this project, and to all the good folks on this form who have contributed both monetarily and in good spirit to this project. I have had the great fortune of meeting many of the members of this forum in person, I can truly say they're the best folks you could ever hope to meet.

A quick update on me: healthwise is been a bit of an interesting year for me. In January I had surgery to repair three hernias. Figuring I had it made in the shade, I was looking forward to a late spring and summer time of riding around and having a good time. I did get to take a few rides around Boonville and the local area. But then a few strange complications popped up post surgery. As many of you are probably aware it's difficult in these times of covid-19 to get the kind of medical care we were previously used to… Fortunately with a bit of persistence I have managed to get in with a good group of healthcare professionals and were getting this worked out. I'm happy to report that after Tuesday's procedure, they were able to determine that the troubles are minor. That's great news! Looks like with a little repair so to speak I'll be back in the saddle again!

This is hard for me to put into words, but I'll do my best. I feel incredibly blessed to be a member of this group, this TW forum, this community of people who are bonded by this curious 200cc Yamaha motorcycle… When I discovered my 97 TW hiding under a blue tarp I had no idea how much joy and friendship came along with this bike. Yamaha fails to mention any of this in the owners manual!

All kidding aside, I know I'm a very lucky guy and I count my blessings every day. My sincere thanks to everyone on this forum for being a BIG part of that.

With a big Boonville "Bahl Dee!", Mike

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
"I had no idea how much joy and friendship came along with this bike."

I just don't think there is any better way to say that!. Glad you are on the mend, Mike!

Marty

Β·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I missed out on the Booneville ride, but I pass near that way on my way to Albion for kayak fishing tournaments. Can't wait, well guess I'll have to, for another opportunity. Heal and get well soon.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I had Dette's going to her old number, I think I have it fixed now. We'll see.

We all love you here at the forum Dette, enjoy!!! πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Mike in Boonville sent me a picture of the basket we sent him, it looks real nice and I think he is mightily blessed. He is going to try to post up a picture later.

Enjoy brother!! We all love you here at the forum!! πŸ‘

O yeah, I forgot to mention his beautiful wife Karen offered to make her "Special" home-made Lasagna" if I ever get down that way. So, this is now on my "Git down there fast as you can Priority List" and she better make lots cuz I'm going to chow down like my mentor Fred would do. In other words, 2nd's littletommy?, Yes please! gobble gobble! Still hungry littletommy? O yea, gobble gobble!
You get the picture...haha :ROFLMAO: I learned from the Master (Fred) ;)

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So I guess this will be my first official post on the forum, but I really would like to make good on my offer to help anyone else out there dealing with depression. Please feel free to PM me.
Micah, we haven't forgotten you... one more day broke won't kill you, so stand by and stay tuned...

Β·
Registered
20,824 Posts
OK LT, I'll contribute to your Good Cause for the Good People.
I was going to send some left-over Halloween candy but these two kids Trick-or-Treating in a bear costume showed up & took the whole bowl I had put out.:cool:

Guess I'll just send a PayPal or something.
Message me with details & I'll get 'er done.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
OK LT, I'll contribute to your Good Cause for the Good People.
I was going to send some left-over Halloween candy but these two kids Trick-or-Treating in a bear costume showed up & took the whole bowl I had put out.:cool:

View attachment 209390

Guess I'll just send a PayPal or something.
Message me with details & I'll get 'er done.
Well my goodness... I'm a bit stunned at the moment Fred. Thank you so so much, you don't know how much this means to me, it really does!! I knew you would read it (hopefully), and I know I might have been a bit unfair doing it like I did, but you know as well as I do... that you have frustrated me to death several times in the past before pushing the limits and I know (haha) you've quite enjoyed getting my goat sometimes and taking it just to the limit but not quite far enough for me to have to do something. I really do hate having to take action on anybody, I love everybody here, I sincerely really do. I have a heart filled with more love for all of you than you can even imagine and I consider you a great contributor to the forum and I have nothing but admiration for you and your skills. I wish I could do what you can do, but those days are long gone for me, but I dream about it every time you post that I could again. Amen brother, I am so touched and please forgive me for doing that, but haha if you didn't respond, I was going to do it lovingly and teasingly one more time if you didn't respond... believe me, all of this will help someone in need somewhere and touch their life somehow and they will never forget that and no matter how small the gesture or help is, it can mean the world to someone just to know that someone cared or even thought about them. God Bless you my friend and I'd still like to visit you someday but please please don't take me on one of those so called "easy" rides!!!

love ya bro,
tommy

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Brother Marty (scooterbrained)

Your generous contribution to the forum members just arrived slow boat to China snail mail now. I'll add it in here and it will go to someone that needs a little help and thank you for the kind words in your note to me personally. I have enjoyed your forum posts and loved seeing how you just jumped right in and seem to love being here on the forum with us. Thank you Sir!!

tommy

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Robert ( Bad Luck)

I've added in your contribution, it will go to good use helping someone. Thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated.

Β·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Just send me your e-mail via a PM for PayPal contribution Tommy
...and if you ever happen to have any left over donuts sitting around getting stale send a couple my way for Lumpy The Bear. He just keeps getting fatter & lumpier each year about this time.

But then again so do I :)
He's not the only one to figured out tasty stuff that comes from my wife's kitchen.

So please continue to help some folks get back on their feet LittleTommy. I trust your judgement.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I may be having problems with outgoing messages. I did send it to you once earlier and just a few minutes ago PM'ed you asking if you had gotten it. I will send the info again to you and thanks Fred.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Just send me your e-mail via a PM for PayPal contribution Tommy
...and if you ever happen to have any left over donuts sitting around getting stale send a couple my way for Lumpy The Bear. He just keeps getting fatter & lumpier each year about this time.
View attachment 209391

View attachment 209392

But then again so do I :)
He's not the only one to figured out tasty stuff that comes from my wife's kitchen.
View attachment 209393

So please continue to help some folks get back on their feet LittleTommy. I trust your judgement.
Left over donuts in MY house? hahahaha You've got to be kidding!!! Never Happen Bro!!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mhomadness

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
:cool:
View attachment 209394

This is awesome! Big thank you's to everyone!
This really put a big smile on my face!

I'm going to let Mrs.MHoMadness help me open it.
Got to share the fun! m.
Mike, I'd pay a million bucks if I had too, to put a smile on your face if you needed it (if I had a million which will never happen) but no biggie, I'm so rich inside brother, I seriously can't hardly contain myself sometimes.

Not a bad looking basket, too bad I couldn't find one to match your bike though bro!! We here at the forum are the ones who are really blessed to have been able to send you a little something. Just enjoy it my dear friend. We love ya man!!! (y)

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I just wanted to put up a little thank you to our fellow forum member and moderator partner Purple. I've learned a few new things about this gentleman in the last couple days. This gentleman really cares about the welfare of all here on the forum and will really go the distance if needed. He's a real stand up guy and is a huge help to me here. He's stepped up and volunteered and covered my back a few times now when I so desperately needed to step back and get away from it all for a bit. He's multi multi talented and a man with huge potential. You guys would be so impressed if you only knew this man a little better. He really cares about all of you. Purple I salute you, you really really impress me and it takes quite a man to do that and doesn't happen often, believe me. I tip my hat to you Sir.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts