Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I was thinking it would be nice to have a subforum with the different states as threads, then people could find riding buddies in their area. One thread per state.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Adam

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you say "Looking for riding buddies. I have beer."

....they will come

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Beer good! After bike ride. Brew fest weekend in Boonville. Private fest at my house. Only petrol burning madness this weekend for me involves the string trimmer & mower. (Yazoo High wheel, I guess that's pretty bad ass!

Anyway, I like the sub forum idea, especially with this bunch, as I'm a low & slow kind of guy & love the scenery almost as much as the ride.
m.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha I agree, a good beer or 6 after a ride goes down well.

I saw a TW at a local bar and I wanted to stop to try to find the owner. Lets do this!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think "regional" subforums would be more practical. State events could easily be handled within regional subforums.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Ceramite this could be a nice idea. I kinda like the "regional" idea Kankujoe has proposed. It could cut down the number of subforums. Maybe send a PM to the moderators and see what they think. Possibly pinning regional subforms at the begining of the Trails, Off-Road and Adventure thread.

Good idea what ever route, which could entice riders who wouldn't mind riding with others, getting together for a rides.

·
Registered
173 Posts
One of the things that could get things started is having at least your state in your "avatar/profile" area. For those that need help posting that info, maybe one of us could show them the way. OM

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
edit - Opps I mean one location subforum with a thread for each state inside that one subforum.

--

For me I don't think I will ever ride a few tanks of gas away to meetup with someone on my donkey, I mean Tdub. I live in Maryland, so if someone is in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia or say California it doesn't make a difference to me- I will never ride that far. But I also don't like driving 2 hours to see my family in Maryland, so that maybe just me.

What if there was a subforum the regional threads could be pinned up top. Then states could float below. Regional threads could be for big club meetups, and then states for weekend rides.

I should have just said this before. I saw a TW at Rocket to Venus in Hamden Baltimore, I think it was a 2004-2005. If you happen to be on this forum let me know! That is the only other TW I have ever seen!! My wife and I were driving by when I spotted it, I just about crashed the car in excitement.

--

double edit- Omega Man - added my location, good call!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm Boz. Live in Keene NH. All ways looking for other riders to compare tips, rides, beer, beer.

this is a great idea!

Boz aka 8oz, 1/2pint, ......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts