TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been wanting one since they came out but finally found one a lady learned on and then sold to me with 119 miles in pristine condition. Specs suspension wise are close to the TW except slightly less fork travel but heck maybe some TW forks would fit on!

I plan to look into how it compares to the TW and if it can be Tduberized but it sure looks cool so far
SAM_0460.JPG
TWRVComparison.gif

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Start by checking how that seat fits on a TW. Congrats! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts after logging some miles. And how much upgradable gear is available. Always the trailblazer Fred! Cheers

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah that seat gives new meaning to plush it feels like sitting on my couch lol

I want to test fit a TW tank and seat on the VanVan as well just for giggles

If it had TW forks, tank, seat and possibly rear fender it would be pretty close to a TW FI with factory oil cooler

Might even be a better choice of front forks than TW forks as far as performance

I notice the rear swingarm and shock don't look quite as beefy as the TW but perhaps they are something better than mild steel

·
Super Moderator
4,846 Posts
The VanVan seat looks like it will need significant mounting mods to get it to fit - but many of us will be watching with interest

Watch out for that rear tire - it shares its profile with the Death Wing - probably only ever intended for beach and road use, but equally full of surprises in the rough

You propose an interesting experiment, should be fun to see the results ........

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Van Van Horesepower 20hp vs TW's 16hp & XT's 18hp

Van Van Horesepower

I was checking specs and the RV200 vanvan is rated at 20hp

Stock TW200 16hp

stock XT225 18hp

So even with all out efforts on "building" TW motors the vanvan seems to have all the extra HP we could ever attain by spending a ton of cash and hours building a TW/XT performance motor

I'm just thinking out loud but it does seem to be a check in the plus column for the Van Van 200 / TW / ADV conversion

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I bet this road would be way worse in the rain. It looks slipppery when wet. I do hear what sounds like the front forks bottoming out a lot.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
The engine sounds good, smooth..

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I don't think the forks were bottoming out in that video thats just the mic bouncing off something

Interesting the vanvan RV200 has 33mm front fork tubes exactly the same as the TW so an upgrade to TW forks and the 1.5" additional fork travel might not be very difficult

the stock vanvan seems to have stiffer front fork springs than the TW I noticed that while strapping them down

The DR200 uses 35mm front forks possibly a better upgrade than TW forks

The DR200 has the stainless header pipe much like the XT225 stainless header we use on TW's and FMF, DG and another UK company make a nice aftermarket muffler

Ricochet makes a DR200 skid plate that bolts right on the vanvan

I also want to test fit a DR200 fuel tank to the vanvan frame - OEM DR200 tanks are 3.4 gallons

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Man them damn Aussies always get the good shi**

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Took my first 1 mile ride around my RV park so I never got outa 2nd gear but it is really comfortable the vanvan seat is plush but firm.
The muffler is half again as quiet as the TW so if we wanted to quiet down a TW for hunting, prospecting or moonshining etc the vanvan muffler might be a good option. It's is twice as fat as the TW but mounts almost identically.
The TW and the vanvan are twin brothers of a different mother but the similarities are undeniable.
I'm sure Suzy realized Yami had a good thing and saw no need to stray too far from what people like
The throttle body uses dual throttle cables very similar to the TW and the size of the intake and air cleaner openings look to be very close but it might be slighty longer than a TW carb which is easier to remedy than shorter!
it appears to be set up for a center stand and it also looks like a Ricochet TW skid plate will attach fairly easily I'll check on that this weekend

SAM_0536.JPG SAM_0544.JPG SAM_0540.JPG SAM_0533.JPG SAM_0534.JPG SAM_0542.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
What do they usually sell for new? Any idea?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
MSRP is the same as TW's and at first they were selling well but it seems like the dealer prices are dropping between $3600 and $3999 plus dealer BS fees of course. I don't think they have "caught on" yet but if I needed a street bobber I'd go with a vanvan for sure

For off road I'm not sure looking at the comparison Gif they sit a few inches lower probably due to the 1.5" less front fork travel. The vanvan also seems to have a longer swingarm profile by a few inches which may lend itself well to an off road ADV style conversion

Front forks are 33mm the same as the TW and I'm going to measure the TW front forks C to C they may be swappable with the vanvan. We would need to use the TW front wheel because the disc is on opposite sides but I think the vanvan master cylinder will work fine

The big selling point for me is the extra 4hp over the TW. I'm not sure how much hp we gain when building a 225 or 250cc conversion but I know that costs a bundle for a few added horsepower

1 - 20 of 41 Posts