TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a low miles DR-350 in very good condition and see that Procycle has me covered will look good in-between my DR650 and TW.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Found a low miles DR-350 in very good condition and see that Procycle has me covered will look good in-between my DR650 and TW.
You know Paul, just because you can single handedly save the faltering economy, it doesn't mean you should!

Tom

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was looking at one of those in the local showroom. Reminded me of those gals doing the balance beam. Riding on that narrow seat would be a B buster not to mention way to high off the ground.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if I get this it is for my son so he can tag along and I will be on my dr650. but I get the fun of the mods!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at one of those in the local showroom. Reminded me of those gals doing the balance beam. Riding on that narrow seat would be a B buster not to mention way to high off the ground.
PS this is a older bike very low to the ground set is ok but I will replace and put a plastic desert tank on.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you are thinking about a DRZ-400 seat height is around 39 inches.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Sorry folks, couldn't find the seat height for the Trivia Bowl but here is other info that make the DR-350 sound rather attractive:

Suzuki DR 350 S​
ManufacturerSuzuki
SuccessorDR-Z400
Classdual-sport
Engine349 cc (21.3 cu in) 4-strokesingle
Bore / stroke79.0 mm × 72.1 mm (3.11 in × 2.84 in)
Top speed87 mph (140 km/h)[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Power33.4 hp (24.9 kW)[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Torque25.6 lb·ft (34.7 N·m)[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Transmission6-speed
Frame typeDiamond steel
BrakesDisc
Weight286 lb (130 kg)[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] (wet)
Fuel capacity9 L (2.0 imp gal; 2.4 US gal)

Copied from Wikipedia:

The Suzuki DR350 is a 350cc single cylinder, dual-sport motorcycle introduced in 1990. The DR350 S and DR350 R were kick start motorcycles until 1994 when the DR350SE was introduced adding an electric start. It has a 349-cubic-centimetre (21.3 cu in) single cylinder overhead cam (OHC), with the Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS), dry sump lubrication, 6-speed transmission, 21-inch front wheel and 18-inch rear wheel.

As you can see the 350cc was replaced with the 400cc just about the time the world ended with Y2K back in 2000.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Keep in mind that there are three DR 350 versions.

One street legal, among other things it has a cush hub that the other two don't.
One is pure dirt, the other is dirt with headlight/taillight.
Listed seat height is 35.6"
The weight is a really nice selling point since it is about 100 lbs lighter than the DR 650 for the street legal version, the other two are even lighter.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Buy it!!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
On another thread, someone introduced the Beta motorcycle. For those interested, the Beta uses the DR350 engine in at least one of its' models if you want one new.

Beta Motorcycles RR 4T 350/390/430/480
Phelonius, I don't see the connection between the DR350 and the Beta 350. The DR350 is an air cooled SOHC carbureted engine and the Beta is a liquid cooled DOHC fuel injected engine. The displacement is similar, though.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Phelonius, I don't see the connection between the DR350 and the Beta 350. The DR350 is an air cooled SOHC carbureted engine and the Beta is a liquid cooled DOHC fuel injected engine. The displacement is similar, though.
Beta Motorcycles Alp 4.0

This model is not available new in the U.S.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Stand or sit doesn't matter. The DR 350 is about as bullet proof as an engine that size can get. I couldn't tell if the picture showed the electric start or not,
But that engine was produced with electric start on some models yet I believe it retained the kick lever. A plus in my book.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
The Alp4.0 looks like it would be more reliable cousin to the 13,000rpm revving Beta RRs we get here stateside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts