·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would hazard a guess that you can dye the pink plastic black with Ritt Dye in hot water. I have done yellow stocks before.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Perfect! I love Savage Arms! They make the best .22 rifles hands down, easily better than Ruger 10/22's! When I get my first gun, that's what I'm getting! Can't wait!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Perfect! I love Savage Arms! They make the best .22 rifles hands down, easily better than Ruger 10/22's! When I get my first gun, that's what I'm getting! Can't wait!
Yeah but can you load a 50 round banana mag and go nuts with your Savage?

Two different guns for two different purposes.

You may be able to hit what your aiming at better with the Savage, but sometimes its just about laying lead.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Debbi Downer here. Same gun in pink in Arkansas $109.95 In black $99 two weeks ago on sale $88 Pink $ 74 black Hendry 22 mag same sale $277 $1600 colt AR15 $997 DMS Ar15 $597 Wal Mart was overstocked
Ammo was on sale too .

How much was it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
View attachment 7851 Have to start them young out west.
:panda:
FIREARM SPECIFICATIONS

Item #: 13780
BRAND: Savage Arms # OF MAGS:
MODEL: Rascal SAFETY: Manual Safety
TYPE: Rifle SIGHTS: FT: Post RR: Adjustable Peep
CALIBER: 22LR BARREL LENGTH: 16.125"
FINISH: Satin Blue OVERALL LENGTH: 31.5"
ACTION: Bolt Action WEIGHT: 2.66 lbs
STOCK: Pink Synthetic PACKAGING:
CAPACITY: 1 FEATURES: Single Shot, AccuTrigger, Sling Swivel Studs
CHOKES: FEATURES:
CHAMBER: BUTT PLATE:
MUZZLE: RECEIVER: Satin Blue
SAFETY: Manual Safety RESTRICTIONS:
Larry at AZ6GUNS should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.
I don't like pink so I will have to give it to my Grand Daughter Hailey.

LikeLike · · Share
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you have to start them that young out west.

I would have major reservations about giving a lethal weapon to a first grader, no matter how much supervision she/he might have.

Maybe she's already got one but around here most kids start with a b-b gun.

I do like the gun by the way.

Heck, I'm still looking for 22LR ammo.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Lol

Yeah but can you load a 50 round banana mag and go nuts with your Savage?

Two different guns for two different purposes.

You may be able to hit what your aiming at better with the Savage, but sometimes its just about laying lead.
Haha well, there is that, I mostly meant stock for stock, I'd prefer a Savage Arms rifle. It's not that I don't like the Ruger; I'm actually a big fan of Ruger as well! You know what's a freakin absolute hoot? Full auto conversion on a Ruger 10/22 with high capacity mag. There's a video somewhere on YouTube of a guy cutting a watermelon in half in a couple seconds with one of those! I'm 99% certain that thing would be horribly illegal in CA though :( Too bad because my god would that be fun!!!

EDIT: Here's one of those videos. The fun begins at 1:00 in the video! It doesn't get much better than this folks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice, picked up 1 of the non pink savage single shot rifles few years ago for $50. Good to train peeps on. Any age is a good age to start training them on. Supervision is the key. People need to be NOT afraid of guns after all they are a tool...... Are you afraid of a hammer, prolly not. Keep them locked up is the most important thing and teach kids to respect them, they are not toys. Have the ruger 10/22 and a savage markII and the savage is way more accurate but..... the ruger is way more fun to shoot :) . You cant go wrong with either. Ruger is about $200-220 and the savage mark II is around $110-120 basic models that is. 22lr is 1 of the best rifles out their per $$ on fun factor. Anyone seen the kid that got suspended for chewing his pop tart into a shape of a gun. WTF our country is way.... overboard on this bulls..t

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks like a 50 round Mitchell belt magazine. Used to have one, never malfunctioned.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haha well, there is that, I mostly meant stock for stock, I'd prefer a Savage Arms rifle. It's not that I don't like the Ruger; I'm actually a big fan of Ruger as well! You know what's a freakin absolute hoot? Full auto conversion on a Ruger 10/22 with high capacity mag. There's a video somewhere on YouTube of a guy cutting a watermelon in half in a couple seconds with one of those! I'm 99% certain that thing would be horribly illegal in CA though :( Too bad because my god would that be fun!!!

EDIT: Here's one of those videos. The fun begins at 1:00 in the video! It doesn't get much better than this folks!

I think I see now where all the 22LR ammo is going!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what my ex-wife would call premature ejaculation! sorry!

·
Registered
85 Posts
How about that young girl killing the shooting range instructor in Nevada last week? It sure makes me think twice about whether a young child can be safe with a firearm. That should have been the very best of conditions, having an trained instructor right next to the kid, yet it still resulted in a fatality. I just think the young brain cannot comprehend the consequences of shooting in some situations.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg

I started my twins out on BB guns. Shoot shoot shoot. They love hunting been shooting deer since they were 9. I bought them Ruger Hawkeyes 243. For their 16 birthdays

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you have to start them that young out west. I would have major reservations about giving a lethal weapon to a first grader, no matter how much supervision she/he might have. Maybe she's already got one but around here most kids start with a b-b gun. I do like the gun by the way. Heck, I'm still looking for 22LR ammo.
Why do you wait so late to start? I started all mine at 4.
How about that young girl killing the shooting range instructor in Nevada last week? It sure makes me think twice about whether a young child can be safe with a firearm. That should have been the very best of conditions, having an trained instructor right next to the kid, yet it still resulted in a fatality.
Obviously it only takes a moment of distraction when shooting with a child. Even most "professionals" lack the self control and discipline to practice with a child. How many distractions do you think that instructor had to deal with during each lesson? Each is a safety hazard when working with a child. I'm guessing the instructor was regularly consulted during the lesson as his expertise was needed elsewhere. Maybe he shouldn't have been multi-tasking.
I just think the young brain cannot comprehend the consequences of shooting in some situations.
So true. Likely that this particular instructor was not trained in principles primary education, a discipline that would preclude distractions during critical lessons.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about that young girl killing the shooting range instructor in Nevada last week? It sure makes me think twice about whether a young child can be safe with a firearm. That should have been the very best of conditions, having an trained instructor right next to the kid, yet it still resulted in a fatality. I just think the young brain cannot comprehend the consequences of shooting in some situations.
The guy was shot in AZ and airlifted to Nevada are you trying to compare a single shot bolt action .22 rifle shooting sub sonic ammo to a full auto 9mm Uzi combat weapon that many adults should not try?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts