TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I found this mini-bike in a Chicken Coup ? Anybody know the maker , it's not a Taco. Thanks Motorbike1956. image.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't help you with the make of the bike but I have to say I like that leading link front suspension.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I'm guessing a plumber made it out of some extra pipe laying around and an old roto-tiller motor from behind the shed.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Never seen one like that before but it would make a cool restoration project.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Looks homemade.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I bet you could roost ten hens on the top rails of this Chicken Coup Special. Somebody put a lot of energy into jack-shaft drive, front suspension ,quad shocks, and extended frame. Negative rake in front looks dangerous. I'ld give it back to the chickens.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Actually, rake is measured at the axle, not the angle of the tubes. Leading links are tricky that way.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like it could be a shop class project. I remember our school had those. Of course it would have helped me a lot if my parents would have let me have a mini bike. One of the downsides is when your Mom is a surgical nurse at a childrens' hospital. Who sees that minute fraction of kids who get banged up in sports, on minibikes, and other such activities.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Looks like it could be a shop class project. I remember our school had those. Of course it would have helped me a lot if my parents would have let me have a mini bike. One of the downsides is when your Mom is a surgical nurse at a childrens' hospital. Who sees that minute fraction of kids who get banged up in sports, on minibikes, and other such activities.
Yup. Fortunately, my mother grew up on the back of her father's Harley so we had the ATGATT mantra beat into us at a young age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts