TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, I'm looking for a factory service manual for 2001 or newer TW200. if anyone has one they don't use or need. Just can't bring myself to buy one for what they're asking for a new one. I just like to have the paper version in hand...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Someone was selling new OE manuals on Ebay a while back for $69. Cheapest i've seen- they were the real deal too.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The $69 guy had 5 and he sold out (guy on ebay asking $149 now). There is a new printing (finally) but these service manuals have been in short supply for 15 years so I don't think the printer has made enough to meet demand they probably treat these like a manual for a 79 Plymouth Volare where they night sell a dozen a year. I have a few extra I'd sell for $75 each delivered but I think they may be in short supply unless they print a boat load !

SAM_5937.JPG

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I'm also looking for a 1987 to 2000 TW Service Manual so if anybody can provide the Yamaha part number (LIT-Something) I'd appreciate it

I can't read the part number from any of the pics I've found online
Service-Manual.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think if you get the Yamaha TW200N TW200NC Supplementary Service Manual, it might cover what you want on the 2001 TW200. There are several on eBay for $20 and even less shipped. Do a search on eBay of;

Yamaha TW200N

For under 20 bucks, it's worth the shot anyway.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a Saved ebay search for: Yamaha TW200 Manual, and check it everyday. There's always factory service manuals listed, along with the supplimentary one. Around $20ish in good used like new condition. I see them all the time, but I haven't bought one yet. Prolly won't till I need one.....:)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Aren't the manuals still available as pfd downloads? What am I missing?

jb

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yes, they are. But he's like me, and prefers to have the printed manual. I prefer that too. Old school, but for me, i like having it like it was years ago. Manual, is nice to have cuz when I'm going to work on something different or unfamiliar on the bike, I like carring the manual around while reading. PDF, if you want to do this, you gotta print it out. Then you hit a part while reading like, to remove, refer to section 4-22, illustration A-4, on page 135, or bla bla bla. Now, your either not at home, or whatever. So, I like it in print as well. Some things, I don't like change. That's "MY" reason pretty much. Not sure why rbm wants it, but I agree 100%, that having origanal printed Factory Service or Shop Manuals. PDF's are ok, in a pinch, for me.....;)

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Are the PDF's the exact scanned pages from an original manual? Does the original manual contain information not in the PDF's? Or is this just a bound copy vs. computer/printout preference.

I've printed out the PDF & 2001+ supplement, placed in 3 ring binder as use when necessary. I also saved it to my computer for reference when not in my shop. But, if the actual manual is better than what I have, I'd consider purchasing one. If just preference then I'm already good.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I've printed out the PDF & 2001+ supplement, placed in 3 ring binder as use when necessary. I also saved it to my computer for reference when not in my shop......
I've done the same thing. I have the manuals on my iPad and on my laptop and desktop computers. Then print out the pages I need to use in the shop.

jb

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yup, you should know what you are getting into. The op and others have expressed that the cost is too high to want purchase a "legal" copy. I'm sure that the publisher is not to keen on a PDF version floating around either, let alone being printed.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Yamaha has a new (2014) printing of the pre 2001 manual and I have one on order and I'm hoping it also contains the supplement although that info is for sure covered in the late model service manual. I do use the pdf manuals on occasion but I agree the paper manual is still nice to have and probably preferred if I had my druthers

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Restating my question without regards to one's preference.

Thanks

"Are the PDF's the exact scanned pages from an original manual? Does the original manual contain information not in the PDF's?"

·
Registered
187 Posts
PDF version fits on my iPad and works in the shop too. Good enough for pilots to use for navigation, good enough for my bench.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts