TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 years ago at this time, Borneo {The Judge}, Montezuma, and Hoot, were off on a 9 day 1500 mile adventure from our homes in Western Ohio and NE Indiana, northward to Michigan's Upper "Yooper" ...we enjoy sunshine and low humidity almost the entire trip...

Day 1 resized 1.jpg Bar Resized Kurt.jpg View attachment 196000 Great Lakes Run 015.JPG Great Lakes Downsize Ludington 1.jpg

Up Next Part #2

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part #2... Crossing Lake Michigan in style....July 29, 2015....

Great Lakes Ludington Crossing Hoot 1.jpg Great Lakes Run 027.JPG Great Lakes Run 019.JPG Great Lakes Run 029.JPG Great Lakes Run 030.JPG

Up Later Part #3 Wisconsin's Northwoods and Borneo's Bearing Problems....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part #3.... On Day #2 {#3 for Montezuma and Hoot} we headed along the Wolf River in the Wisconsin Northwoods, Borneo had front wheel issues and we landed in the Michigan "Yooper" for the night at the Lake Superior town of Baraga where we found a great motel with a excellent bar...the motel cost was a real bargain, the motel bar more than made up for that however, the only night we really did any heavy drinking....the trip across the UP to Marquette the next day was done with a bit of a hangover for this old man....:nonchalance:

Wolf River (1).JPG Baraga Resized River.jpg Great Lakes Run 043.JPG Great Lakes Run 041.JPG Yooper Gravel 2.jpg

Part #4 Marquette and Lake Superior

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part # 4....Heading West to East in the UP

We took our time, me being a bit hungover, and traveled off US 41 and US 2 as much as possible...stopping for coffee, pee breaks, etc, on our way to the college town of Marquette. We got another nice motel with decent rates, ate Chinese, hit Wal Mart for some supplies, and enjoyed the pool and hot tub....

View attachment 196026 Great Lakes Run 054.JPG Great Lakes Run 057.JPG View attachment 196034 View attachment 196038

Part #5...heading south and over the Big Mackinac Bridge..

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part #5....we had moved into August and were in no particular hurry to return home....but the weather was good for 3 small bikes crossing the Mackinac Bridge, which separates the "Yooper" and Low Michigan on I~75....I had crossed this bridge on several occasions on family vacations and other adventures, but never on a Motorcycle, let alone a knobby tire little 196cc TW

As we left Marquette in the morning, we appeared to "Luck Out" again weather~wise...sunny and light winds, which, at least with the low wind is the way you want to cross this bridge, especially on a MC....meanwhile as we waited to cross over...Ol Blue had hit the 3000 mile marker{the photo show the miles when I left Celina at home}...not bad for 16 months, with most of those coming in the last 5 months...

Great Lakes Run 069.JPG View attachment 196044 mackinac steel grating.jpg

While Borneo and Montezuma lucked out and got into the right lane...Hoot got the shaft and got stuck beside a couple of 18 wheel types and had to ride the entire length on the Steel Grated Left Lane....talk about Teeth and Filling Rattling...:blob9: But we all made it safe and somewhat sound....and headed south for the last legs of the trip...

Part #6 Heading South down the Lower Portion of Michigan...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part #6...the slow but enjoyable ride back to Borneo World

A couple of motels and some backwood riding, fair to good eating and plenty {at least for Hoot} beers....we took our time riding south towards Borneo's Farm and Ranch....the scenery wasn't as great and I was about Photo Taking Out....but trust me, we did see some good sights on the way home... View attachment 196050 View attachment 196052 View attachment 196054 View attachment 196056

We busted the last 300 miles in one day, having planned on stopping, we decided to heck with that and ended up at the Borneo Palace and Barn in time for his Mrs to fix us supper and for the 3 Amigos to down a couple of brews View attachment 196058

Montezuma and I would spend the night and head out after breakfast the next morning....a long but enjoyable ride...different than Moab or West Virginia, and of course Big Bend....but one of the main adventures we were to have in a short 12 month run between March of 2015 and the same month in 2016....these in all made the purchase of the TW back in 2014 all worth it...than and meeting good people from the forum along the way...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm Not sure what the heck happened to the photos in part #6 but here is a rehash of those...I think:confused:

Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3c.jpg Day 1 resized 2.jpg Great Lakes Run 074.JPG Great Lakes Run 013.JPG

And Back a Borneo's

Upper Great Lakes Adventure final.jpg

I will revisit the West Virginia Ride with the same 3 Amigos around Halloween … :cool:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is why I have not decided to give up the TW....even though I have reached 70, I still believe in my heart that I may have another good season or two of adventure riding left in me...but that will likely have to wait until age 71 come next March...as I said, "Time Will Tell":clock:

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
So hang on a minute here

enjoyed the pool and hot tub....

You’re riding with a bunch of miscreants, packing “budgie smugglers” ? ......

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So hang on a minute here

You’re riding with a bunch of miscreants, packing “budgie smugglers” ? ......
So you're saying only "Bone Smugglers" enjoy hot tubs after a long day of Dual Sport Riding...?:binkybaby:

Hot Tub Fruit Cakes.jpg :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
At first I thought that was a Shelby logo on the front of Montezuma(?)'s tea-doobs. Looked like a great time with that weather, minus the classy pee-break shots, don't know why Chinese is popular for adventurers...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At first I thought that was a Shelby logo on the front of Montezuma(?)'s tea-doobs. Looked like a great time with that weather, minus the classy pee-break shots, don't know why Chinese is popular for adventurers...
After 3 or 4 straight days of Mexican, I was ready for anything, a small mom and pop Chinese place on the west side of Marquette, seemed to fill the bill... :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of our Diet, in about all of our 3 man rides....:p

West By Gawd Virginia 037.JPG West By Gawd Virginia 040.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts