TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my gas tank and found that the brace from the front of the bike where it attaches to the motor mount has broken the top rail

mostly off. I don't really want to change frames because the bike is titled to the stamp on that frame. Surely this can be welded by

the right person and perhaps gussets added. Or does it get parted out and reincarnated into another?

Greybeard

·
Registered
866 Posts
I pulled my gas tank and found that the brace from the front of the bike where it attaches to the motor mount has broken the top rail

mostly off. I don't really want to change frames because the bike is titled to the stamp on that frame. Surely this can be welded by

the right person and perhaps gussets added. Or does it get parted out and reincarnated into another?

Greybeard

A good welder can fix it with no problem. I like the gusset idea.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good welder can fix it with no problem. I like the gusset idea.
Thanks for responding. I have been away for a couple of years.

I think the design is weak, and it could have been improved if the material had been butted

into the attachments of the members that go around the mono- shock. The first one (right side)

is only about an inch away, and the left much shorter. But the tank has an 8cm gap in the

bottom for the 4cm frame. Room to add plenty of what Yamaha missed. I also thought of putting

a tensioning bolt inside by removing the shock but hadn't conceived of how to secure the nut

in the tube other than bonding it. Ideas, anyone?

I wonder how many of you have cracks under your tanks you don't know about. After the seat it is

only one bolt to find out. And possibly it can be checked all assembled.

DN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts