TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I say anything about the ride, I want to give special thanks and acknowledgment to Fred and Mrs. Fred for being great hosts. Together they put on a heck of a ride and meals for everyone.

So, one day Fred was wearing his special yellow shirt and thought to himself, "self, I should host a weekend ride in the eastern Sierra Mtn's in July and ask people to come enjoy it with me"?

A bunch of us looked up in the sky and said "what the heck, why not". I might have slept through this part though! And we came from all over the country. Mostly from California
(L-R Admiral, Dan of Sandue, Sue of Sandue, and mhomadness)

From Fred's house we headed west into the Sierra Mountains over the old trail/road from Reno and stopped by this pretty creek.

This is where we stopped on the side of the road above the pretty creek

Next Fred was taking us to White Rock Lake but on the way, we saw this fast moving pretty cloud

Since we were stopped for a break, lots of us looked up at the pretty clouds
(L-R Fresno, Evan, Fred)

Because my pictures are more or less taken in order, I think this is White Rock Lake. Not sure of the color of this rock in White Rock Lake but the snow is white. One of the clouds looks like a B-2 Bomber chasing white fluffy doves clouds flying above White Rock Lake.

More of White Rock Lake without the rock or B-2 Bomber and White Fluffy Dove Clouds.

Proof that Mrs. Admiral & Admiral were actually at White Rock Lake

Fred led us back to a creek crossing on the old trail which would have taken us to White Rock Lake. Even though we haven't been riding very long, Fresno decides it's time to wash his socks and TW. From what I gathered, he likes clean socks and TW tires. We'll see.

mhomadness decided he also wanted clean TW tires

Well, mhomadness saw that Fresno had clean socks so he too decided to clean his socks in the creek crossing.

Evan had his turn too but only washed his TW tires...for now!
(L-R Evan, Fresno, mhomadness)

I am very satisfied with dirty socks so I watched the happenings
(L-R Admiral, SanDue's)

As Evan races through the creek washing his TW tires on a return trip, Fresno is not satisfied with the level of cleaning of his socks and TW tires and stops to wash them again. I'm not sure this was necessary, but I'm no washologist.
(L-R Fresno, Evan, and Fred thinking of washing his orange jacket)

Moving right along, we stop at the north end of Meadow Lake for some snackage. Though there is no longer any evidence, Fred gave us a history lesson of this end of the lake. Back in the olden days (late 1800's I think) miners from the town at the southern end of the lake were boated to this end of the lake to spend some quality time with the "time share ladies". wink wink. Nothing remains of the old Time Share Ladies area except these picknick tables and fire rings.
(L-R Sue of Sandue, Fresno, mhomadness (sitting drying socks) EWB sitting, Dan of Sandue standing, and Mrs. Admiral.

View from Time Share Lady Shore looking south. I didn't read the sign at the prime & proper end of the lake, but I think the townsite was Summit City.

It was windy and cold with the water splashing up over the log at Time Share Lady shore of Meadow Lake.

We did some more riding west and Fred brings us to another cute lake. This one is Tollhouse Lake. I know for a fact there were no Tollhouse cookies at Tollhouse Lake. Gee Dang it!

But for some reason, I did have Tollhouse Cookies on my mind the rest of the day

And I wasn't the only one looking for Tollhouse Cookies at Tollhouse Lake. So were these guys.
(L-R mhomadness, Dan of SanDue)

From Tollhouse Lake, Fred continues on the lake tour and after passing near many other lakes we stop at Faucherie Lake. It looked like a lake to me.

Then we make our way to the last lake on the tour today, Jackson Meadow Reservoir. See the water rooster tail coming out of the spillway tube?

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's quite a bit of water in Jackson Meadow Reservoir. Wonder if there's any dead mobsters wearing cement shoes at the bottom of Jackson Meadow Reservoir?

Back to thinking about Tollhouse Cookies now.
(L-R Backsides of Admiral, old man w/2 many guns &knives, mhomadness, Sue or Dan of Sandue, EWB, Fred, Evan, Fresno)

We all look tired but Mrs. Fred has a surprise.
(L-R old w/2 many guns&knives, Fresno, mhomadness, Sue & Dan of Sandue)

Something has really got Evan's attention. Could it be Tollhouse Cookies?
(L-R Evan, old w/2 many guns & knives)

With great anticipation, Mrs. Fred brings out TW rider goodness, Evan is happy happy! It's cake! Fred's birthday cake to be exact.

EWB is to busy eating the cake but you can tell he's happy too!
(L-R Fred, EW

Before we all depart or pass out from eating and drinking too much cake & beer, Fred surpises us all by passing on the Lizrd Traveling Award. Mrs. Admiral and I are humbled to have been presented this award and will display it proudly until the time we pass it on to another.

While most riders have to head home after today's ride, a few of us will stay one more day and ride tomorrow so stay tuned for tomorrow's ride.

Video of today's ride from the Admiral perspective

·
Registered
656 Posts
Too Awesome for Words!!

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Admiral sure is one mighty fine story teller! As dogonit says "Too Awesome for Words!!" . Pictures and video make me feel like I was right there along with the TW Crew.

And I always though Evan was such a serious guy.
;)
IMG_0867.JPG

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That, was a GREAT ride report admiral! Thank you, as I took no pic's this gives me a way to show Mrs. MHoMadness all of the incredible places we rode!

I'm still going through TollHouse Cookie withdraw... Damn, it's a tough monkey to kick! :icon_shaking2:

Socks clean, m.

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That, was a GREAT ride report admiral! Thank you, as I took no pic's this gives me a way to show Mrs. MHoMadness all of the incredible places we rode!

I'm still going through TollHouse Cookie withdraw... Damn, it's a tough monkey to kick! :icon_shaking2:

Socks clean, m.

Said in a very struggling voice, "I must resist"!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Damn!

That looks like one great time...and Fun!

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sunday's Ride

Today was the oxygen ride. Great views from on high. The natural altitude high! Stampede Lake

"Take me to your leader". Well, this is our leader Fred. Kind of looks spaceship pilot like doesn't he?

Today's ride is not as rough as yesterday's but it had its Tollhouse Cookie crushing moments.

"I got this". Mrs. Admiral is turning into a pretty good TW rider. Something I hadn't even envisioned at this time last year.

First stop for the day will be Verdi Peak Lookout

Looking NE at Verdi

Fred didn't say this, but I was thinking he had stashed some Tollhouse cookies up here as a reward for us making it. View SW I-80 Truckee River

View West and still no Tollhouse cookies

Looking north at Ladybug Peak.

Fred & Evan on the lookout. You can see by the sad look on Evan's face there isn't any Tollhouse Cookies at the lookout.

Despite the lack of Tollhouse Cookies, we're still pretty happy to be here.

Time to head down the hill for more lake viewing action. Fred said if we got separated to turn left at the Forked Pine Tree.

Fred took us to the north end of Stampede Lake. Water level was very low here.

Then we headed south to Boca Reservoir. Rode along the shore. It was very windy.

After lunch at the Boca Reservoir beachside cafe, it was time to head back to Fred's

It was a great weekend.

Again I would like to thank our host's Fred and Mrs. Fred for putting us up for the weekend. I'm so glad to have come down to ride with everyone. It was really nice to sit around dinner on Saturday night and talk to everyone. Never seems like you get to talk much when out on the ride.

Thank you, you all were fun to ride with: Fred, Dan & Sue (Sandue), Evan, EWB, mhomadness, Fresno, and old w/2 many guns & bikes (think I got it right this time)

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Sunday's Ride
Today was the oxygen ride. Great views from on high. The natural altitude high! Stampede Lake
WOW you guys are living life! :)

NICE!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts