TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a garage sale today and when I was cleaning up I found a new TW NGK spark plug from my old TW that I sold. (I ride a DRZ now).

First forum member who needs it PM me your address and I'll mail it to you for free. I couldn't see tossing it and this forum was always so good to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Nice gesture but it will cost more to mail it than the $2.25 I buy them for at Autozone.

Do like I do and give it to a T dub owner in person or even better, hang it on your peg board over your work bench with a big label , TW200, on it reminding you to buy another bike to fit it!:D

GaryL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First class mail is less than a buck for a plug. :confused:

I miss the TW but I never knew what I was missing until I got the DRZ. :p

littletommy - its on its way.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Thank you Larry! I appreciate it, that was nice of you.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
First class mail is less than a buck for a plug. :confused:

I miss the TW but I never knew what I was missing until I got the DRZ. :p

littletommy - its on its way.
Very interesting! I just this week sent a member three tiny screw driver bits and first class cost me $2.32 and Hoot Gibson can verify this. Different story with a flat envelope but not with bulky mail that can't go through the sort machines is what I was told.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Hey GaryL...

Just ran across this post again and thought I'd mention, the plug never showed up here and I never hear another word from him again. You were right. LOL :D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hey GaryL...

Just ran across this post again and thought I'd mention, the plug never showed up here and I never hear another word from him again. You were right. LOL :D
Some things are just not worth the cost of shipping! I have an old time favorite fishing lure that is discontinued. I find them all the time on the auction site but if I win the auction for around $5 for the lure I then have to pay another $4 for shipping. The last time I bought spark plugs for the TW I think I paid a little over $2 each at Advanced Auto.

GaryL

·
Registered
806 Posts
I often ponder that the only folks making money in our consumer society are shippers and transport. One of the reasons
our leaders are soo focused on securing cheap oil.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
They no longer make the Baby-O which was my favorite lure about 20 years ago for bass on Lake Wallenpuapack.
They still make my favorite Crazy Crawlers and Meadow Mouse lures by Heddon but all cheap plastic today and they are not cheap. I buy the original old ones made of wood.

GaryL

·
Registered
667 Posts
Don't know why Abogast discontinued the weedless jitterbug and hula popper. I liked those. I think I only have one left and used ones are well over $10 on ebay with shipping.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Don't know why Abogast discontinued the weedless jitterbug and hula popper. I liked those. I think I only have one left and used ones are well over $10 on ebay with shipping.
Ha Ha! Ya Know, the lures back then caught fish and they still do. The new lures they make today in all the fancy colors and styles catch more fisherman than they do fish!

I was out fishing with a very rich buddy just yesterday on his property and on a couple of his ponds loaded with nice large mouth bass in the 5-6 pound class. He has all the latest and greatest gear and all the fancy Yamimoto or what ever spinner baits and plastic crap and all I brought was a 50 year old Crazy Crawler from my childhood in the Flocked Gray Mouse pattern. I caught 4 fish to his one and now he is on Ebay searching and buying 40-50 year old Crazy Crawler lures. Hula Poppers and Jitter Bugs were also great lures and still are and I have a box full of them too.

Sorry for jacking this entire thread but I have been accused of Jacking Off before and I plead Guilty as charged!

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts