TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal I just put new tires on my 87 tw the bike only has 1300 miles on it and it still had its original tires on it, I would guess they are about 40-45%, they are not weather checked or any thing I just wanted new ones (I am weird that way) I dont want to thow them away and would like to give them to sombody who could use them, I dont know how much it would cost to ship them or if it would be worth it or not, but just thought I would see. If sombody wants them let me know here and we will figure out how to get them to you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are the stock tires that came on the 87 tw bridgestone trailwings.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
They might be ok for eating up offroad till they are gone, but guaranteed they are hard as a rock from age and not particularly safe for street. Tires were the first thing I replaced on my 87.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
No offence but please do everyone a favor and get rid of them. If someone takes them and rides on the street the result could be very bad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no I dont recomend using these on the street (although i did) but if you have a old =beter t-dub you just use offroad they would be fine. we are all grownups here so I will let the person who wants them decide what to do with them. keep in mind these are the org tires of a 87. they are not hard or weather checked tw has been stored indoors all its life. (and yes to kalamaMark i am in oregon)

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
My 87 was also garage kept, in almost excellent condition with the nubs still left on the tires, but age does dry out the tires leaving them much harder and not as flexible. The difference in those and new ones are a lot. You can feel it the first time you ride with them instantly. But as I said before, I would eat them up offroad if that is all they were used for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never seen such a hubbub over a fella trying to help another fella out!

It's good to see folks looking out for each other, though.

I rarely make it that far south, and I'm certain that they would be cost prohibitive to ship, so I'll have to pass, but also convey a hearty
Thanks for the offer and the words of caution from others.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx kakamaMark I like it here and being a nice guy by nature I like to help people if I can, but maby this was not such a good idea, so I think I will toss them.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
66roadkill66,

Hope you know no one here was trying to mess up you giving away those tires, but no one wants any of their TW brothers/sisters getting hurt either on the street, so thats why we mentioned it.

*just buy another TW for the dirt...and eat em up on that one. You know you want 2 of them...ha ha ;)

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Thanx kakamaMark I like it here and being a nice guy by nature I like to help people if I can, but maby this was not such a good idea, so I think I will toss them.
Though it may not have worked out the way you intended, it was very nice of you to make this offer. Seeing someone trying to help TW'ers or anyone for that matter, brings a smile to me. :D

I had an after market tire I was using on my front and when I replaced it with my shinko 244. I thought about offering it up here for someone as it had lots of tread left 80%+. However, I hesitated thinking why should I give a tire to someone else if I didn't want to use it. Was suppose to be dual sport tire, but sucked real bad off road. Needless to say it's still in my garage and will probably be disposed ofseveral years from now without any further use.:p

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
It is just me and I don't want to start an argument, but I have no problem using old tires. The surface wears off and they become OK. I have done it many times and so far so good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts