TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 314 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On the way Ernie. I will send you the tracking info when they ship it. They are saying on or around Tuesday the 18th. Hope your butt loves it. :p

God Bless you too bro!!

tommy I will inbox you...thank you and God bless man

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well...I was going to give a old Garmin away that baby sister gave me, but then I charged it up...

I'm keeping it!! These things are cool!!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a book that I'd like to send to a member that is from Kansas who is deeply rooted or has family there.

It is a living history of Northwest and North Central Kansas. It is simply tales from the "Good Old Days".

In January of 2013, folks in Northwest and North Central Kansas were asked to share their memories of the "good old days." They were invited to write letters describing interesting, humorous, unusual, exciting (and even romantic) "happenings" from the past. Many of them were born prior to 1940 and the majority grew up right here in Northwest and North Central Kansas. They were not selected from any particular group or social class, nor were they expected to have any special writing ability or talent. Their stories aren't history in the usual sense. Rather, they entertainingly describe a way of life that will never be seen again such as two hole outhouses, castor oil, rumble seats, party line phones, draft animals, doing laundry by hand and schools with one room. There are dozens and dozens of photos. You may know some of these people if you live there.

Please only respond if you know the area and people there.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
bump.
I have a book that I'd like to send to a member that is from Kansas who is deeply rooted or has family there.

It is a living history of Northwest and North Central Kansas. It is simply tales from the "Good Old Days".

In January of 2013, folks in Northwest and North Central Kansas were asked to share their memories of the "good old days." They were invited to write letters describing interesting, humorous, unusual, exciting (and even romantic) "happenings" from the past. Many of them were born prior to 1940 and the majority grew up right here in Northwest and North Central Kansas. They were not selected from any particular group or social class, nor were they expected to have any special writing ability or talent. Their stories aren't history in the usual sense. Rather, they entertainingly describe a way of life that will never be seen again such as two hole outhouses, castor oil, rumble seats, party line phones, draft animals, doing laundry by hand and schools with one room. There are dozens and dozens of photos. You may know some of these people if you live there.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Free TW Seat Pan

All - I have a 1987 seat pan that I'll give to anyone in need, you just pay the shipping. On a scale of 1 to 10 is probably a 7, just needs some foam replaced on the bottom. I'll strip the cover and seat foam and just ship the pan if you would like. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Anyone from Northwest and North Central Kansas out there?? :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bk, So I could order the Seat concepts and add it to that pan for my 2015 TW? That would be perfect. I live right up the mtn from you. I am in McCall. I will also be in Boise on the 9th.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
LT, I just now saw this KANSAS thing. I am originally from Dodge City, western KS. I now live in Wichita, central KS. My mom was from Plains, northwest KS. Don't know if there would be any relativity here. I've only seen Kansas City members here IIRC.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Tom, I've been waiting for you to respond bro, no kidding. I don't think we have that many people in Kansas. Would you like to have this book bro? It's all short stories and it's a great book to read. You and I are not old enough to really appreciate it, but if your Mom or Dad are still around, they would love it. Regardless, it's a good read of much simpler and harder times than we know today. Shoot me your address and info and I'll send it to you brother. Shipping is on me. :D
LT, I just now saw this KANSAS thing. I am originally from Dodge City, western KS. I now live in Wichita, central KS. My mom was from Plains, northwest KS. Don't know if there would be any relativity here. I've only seen Kansas City members here IIRC.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
PM me Tom. I wouldn't put your personal info here. I deleted your post with that info before someone could get it.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Thank you so much my friend. My folks are both long gone. My dad died in '78 at the ripe old age of 75, and Mom at 94 in '99. They were 46 and 44 when I was born. Dad used to get pissed when someone thought my brother and I were his grandkids.lol

And yes, they would have loved to read these stories, as will I.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Tom, see post 32.

·
Registered
416 Posts
All - I have a 1987 seat pan that I'll give to anyone in need, you just pay the shipping. On a scale of 1 to 10 is probably a 7, just needs some foam replaced on the bottom. I'll strip the cover and seat foam and just ship the pan if you would like. PM me if you're interested.

View attachment 56585

View attachment 56593
Seat pan is GONE! Going to Kansas. Little Tommy - want me to send your book there as well? :cool:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well that went fast!!! You gotta be on the ball to snag freebies. And Tom was right on it, TWO times in one day!! :p

***He's a good kid. ;)

Seat pan is GONE! Going to Kansas. Little Tommy - want me to send your book there as well? :cool:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have to be a good kid. I drive a school bus, and have to show a good example to the bad kids out there. lol Thanks to both of you for your awesome generosity. It is greatly appreciated. Another reason this is the greatest forum on earth.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Walking to the Post Office now Tom. :D

It's coming book rate. (slow boat to China) Make sure to find the special bookmarker in it and enjoy both the book and the bookmarker!! :p

You're going to love this book Tom.

I have to be a good kid. I drive a school bus, and have to show a good example to the bad kids out there. lol Thanks to both of you for your awesome generosity. It is greatly appreciated. Another reason this is the greatest forum on earth.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Reactions: jtomelliott49
21 - 40 of 314 Posts