TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting my camping stuff rounded up for next week:icon_thumleft: going to this area to camp not taking the TW I would be the only one with a bike so I do not want my bike trashed. the camping spot. Mogollon Rim Arizona I was wondering what is your favorite freeze dried food? I like Mountain House all the dinners are very good I get the 10 pack box at Costco for around $40. 2 Beef stews, 2 Lasagna with meat sauce, 3 Chicken Teriyaki with rice, 3 Beef Stroganoff with noodles, and the new Breakfast skillet (Hash browns and scrambled eggs mixed with pork sausage and peppers & onions) to fill my Tortillas and Starbucks instant Coffee.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FR 300 is part of the AZBDR so I should see bikes passing bye.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Call me crazy but I still love ramen noodles!

Me and the wife were up riding on the rim road just last weekend, it's a beautiful time of year up there. They were in the middle of blading FR 300, so it was pretty sloppy in spots.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see it now hey man can I take your TW for a spin I have been riding bikes for over 40 years and see my bike go over the edge!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call me crazy but I still love ramen noodles!

Me and the wife were up riding on the rim road just last weekend, it's a beautiful time of year up there. They were in the middle of blading FR 300, so it was pretty sloppy in spots.
we are going up Thursday to Saturday it is showing rain it is mostly a Beer drinking trip guys I worked with that are retired. was going to do this weekend but half of PHX is up there.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The last hike we did was in the dead of winter. 2 inches of snow and never got above 20 deg. It was an amazing hike in West Virginia mountains. I took a can of low sodium Spam tomato jalapeños and tortilla wraps. Mayo packs. I have a 8 inch cowboy steel skillet. Cooked it all and ate like a king for dinner and breakfast I never opened my mountain house

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do the Spam also it is amazing how many flavors spam has now I also use the liquid eggs in the carton.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will also cook Hot dogs and Marshmallows with my cooker! 181060_10150862382907654_2096097172_n.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I will also cook Hot dogs and Marshmallows with my cooker! View attachment 9405
Very neat cookers. I like them. If u ever get a chance to pick up a steel cold handle skillet they are the bomb. 8 inch works great for single serving. You can find them on eBay. Usually need to sand the rust off and wipe A light coat of Crisco on it and treat in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or so.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is call seasoning the cast iron you do it to pans BBQ burners etc. I use vegetable oil I have a few old pans but I use a MSR unleaded gas stove and copper bottom backpacker pans.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
It is call seasoning the cast iron you do it to pans BBQ burners etc. I use vegetable oil I have a few old pans but I use a MSR unleaded gas stove and copper bottom backpacker pans.
I know it's called seasoning I just like those old antique Cold Handle Pans but I do think Crisco does a better job. Have a great evening

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it's called seasoning I just like those old antique Cold Handle Pans but I do think Crisco does a better job. Have a great evening
I live a half mile from Sun City Arizona an old retirement community this place is full of old and very old cool stuff Cold Handle pans are not hard to find I will make sure I find an 8 inch cold handle pan and clean it up and season it and post it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I like Mountain House as well, but I don't care for the rehydrated chicken. I try to pick out the beef or pasta varieties instead. You can't beat the dehydrated food for backpacking...jetboil, food, spoon...that's all you need to carry. Instant oatmeal for breakfast. And don't forget the desserts...3 berry cobbler...mmm. Speaking of which, I bought the coffee press Jetboil...works really well.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I like steak on a bike camping trip if I can get one within an hour of camp! I found this cute little grill: Amazon.com : UCO Grilliput Portable Camping Grill : Camping Stove Grills : Sports & Outdoors

Although a bit fussy to assemble, once you get the hang of it it works quite well. Room for two rib eyes.....yummm.:)

Don't get it too hot, it's rather thin wire. I've used it over some coals raked off to the side several times now and none of the wires have bent yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts