TW200 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well its been quite a while. Budget has not allowed getting the parts I needed. However the parts eventually were ordered, and today I spent all day on the machine! Now I have the brakes, engine cases, kickstarter, footpegs, gear lever, oil added and air filter all fitted. I need a battery, chain, grips and thats about it i think. But I have to get it running, and I feel Im not that close as the wiring is pretty ordinary. Ive done my best to hook up, but it would be a fluke if I got spark at this stage. Hope you like it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi teddy bear, Its an IMS one. Ive had them before, extra length easier for boots to get under. Seems to stick out a bit though. The bashplate is not fitted yet so maybe it will not be out so much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi teddy bear, Its an IMS one. Ive had them before, extra length easier for boots to get under. Seems to stick out a bit though. The bashplate is not fitted yet so maybe it will not be out so much.
Thanks. Do you remember the exact model? I went to their website and they have a bunch for Yamaha, but I don't know which may fit like yours.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
She runs! Only hold up was the sidestand cut out, otherwise all good. I dont have that battery, so no test of the starter motor yet. Not that worried, so happy I got it started. Bit of a carb leak, but will sort it. First time bike is together since rebuild. Cant ride it though as I dont have a chain! Have to grab one, and some grips. If any shops are open! Just so happy the bike has come together.

If anyone has some side covers in black or grey? I need those too. I have deviated from stock, using the Japanese tw225 rear fender, but I really liked that look. Stock exhaust and airbox and cleaned up wheels help alot. Im thinking about getting some tw decals for the tank, not sure on that, as i quite like its look now. Im also wondering if i should paint rear guard grey.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts