TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in unusual vehicles? I like the way these inventors think outside the box.

Check out the snorkel @ end of this oddly spoked mono-forked taiga tourer's video...Up periscope!:

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or this one if you are not into off-road.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Interested in unusual vehicles? I like the way these inventors think outside the box.

Check out the snorkel @ end of this oddly spoked mono-forked taiga tourer's video...Up periscope!:

A backfire from the intake would burn that beard right off his face!:p

·
Registered
636 Posts
plenty of room to move forward and back on that seat.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My favorites are the ever evolving skid-steers from Garagashyan, author of my post #1.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Those guys would fit right in where I live. Russian Redneck Mud Runners.
Funny how, for the most part, only our governments are at odds with each other............

Hillbilly's will be hillbilly's regardless of which flag they fall under.

Tom

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Da Tovarich! Redneck engineering is universally appreciated.
Actually wife and I were discussing last night how the above floating go-anywhere skid steers would make good general purpose search and rescue vehicles for fire and sheriff departments in the good old USA. I think one could get a very fast and effective response time for hole-in-the ice rescues. Too many kids, adults attempting resizes, animals, fishermen and skaters drown before help can organize and respond. Even hovercraft need to be hooked up, trailered out, and deployed. One of these skid-steers could be fired up and driven right from fire station directly to site of ice rescue, out onto ice and be saving a life before conventional responders were halfway into their exposure suits.
Rest of the year the skid steer could replace or augment conventional atvs and side-by-sides while carrying a tremendous gear load with room in back for a stretcher, etc.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Just gear them up for more top speed and have a foldout power ramp for a P.J. to stand on.That and a good heater to warm a dunker up........Great idea!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts