TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got around to updating our ride report. A nice trip through Oregon and into northern California.... a not so nice breakdown... and a good time in Santa Margarita and then on to Las Vegas.

Me & Mrs Trip we got a thing going on | Page 25 | Adventure Rider

And a much deserved Thank You to a lot of helpful forum members along the way!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
What a wonderful ride report.. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that there are sooo many backroads and dirt tracks to explore. Started to get a little excited when you were making your way thru Lassen park. A night in Chester, geez. What the hell, that old Inskip barn and then Cherokee. Likely most of that downhill was on Pentz road. You folks passed within 3 miles of my house. Neat to see such an epic adventure including a patch of my neighborhood. Appreciate all the work you folks put into sharing your adventure with us. Thanks....

·
Registered
666 Posts
FANTASTIC ride report, totally awesome. Sue and I have ridden 5000 miles here in northern Calif. and we haven't ridden the dirt roads that you folks did! You guys are a tough act to follow. Good to see you overcome your mechanical difficulties. Thanks for the excellent ride report, you got it going on! Dirts a Flyen SanDue:p:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very cool thanks for sharing. Us easterrn riders love to see this stuff,

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the comments! We've been having a bit of an adventure on our current ride as well.....nothing goes the way you plan!

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Thanks for all the comments! We've been having a bit of an adventure on our current ride as well.....nothing goes the way you plan!

Ah, the joy's of government-controlled fuel supply and pricing! Sucked for you two big time, though! Good call not to proceed and I'm glad you saved enough fuel to high tail it back over the border!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't tell anyone but CA Hwy 36 is quite the road ride from end to end.

p.s. I've lived within a couple hours of the border all of my life and I don't really have any interest in going there again, let alone riding there, especially since there are so many great places to see and re-explore close and more north.
Sorry about you truncated return trip. The good thing is it will be waiting for you in the spring!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts