TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys with a front cyclerack, I'm trying to see if one will clear the scoops on my XT225 tank.

On the bottom mount, from the center of the mounting bolt, how far out does the mounting bracket come to where it makes the 90 bend, and then how far forward does it go to where it's welded to the rack? Hope that made sense. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
hmmm... the tinkerer is back at it? how's that front rack of yours doing?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh the little front rack is finished I suppose...for now. I'm thinking I want a cyclerack to mount some small bags up front for longer trips. Might be a waste of time, ya never know

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was designed to add ballast to the front when hauling heavy loads out of rough country, (Elk quarters) You can just strap a big rock on there when needed to get your kill out of the boonies.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well the offer to buy still stands for your prototype rack...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IF this idea works out, I'll get in touch with you. But I'll keep things in the planning stages for a while

·
Registered
43 Posts
IF this idea works out, I'll get in touch with you. But I'll keep things in the planning stages for a while

I have both front and rear cycleracks. I mounted my windscreen (recycled jetski ) off the rack, and find it an effective pull point when buried in the muck and need to be pulled out by a 4-wheeler. Alaska is in general a large swamp and I ride with 4-wheelers mostly. rw

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi r80rt,

I am not 100% sure I understand where you want the measurements. My first photo is looking down at the bracket in question with the dimensions I think you want.

However, if those are not the dimensions that you want, attached are some more photos so you can tell me what you are looking for.

Sorry about the photos – it is a bit dark outside.

On the inside:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU! That's just what I needed. I can make a mock up and see if it will clear my tank shrouds. I do appreciate the pic's and measurements!.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just bolted my front Cycleracks rack on. For the record it will work on a TW with a stock XT225 tank. I had to remove some plastic from the shrouds, but only on the inside where it doesn't show. Thanks again OWT for the measurements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts