TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size offhand? I searched, but no answer, and I can't decipher the Yamaha part number for the bolt size like you usually can.

I broke one front motor mount bolt part# 90105-084A1-00. Yes, I could pull one and measure, but I was hoping to not have to go there.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
7x65

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Soory for the typo, sorethumb. I thought I had pm'd you the size, in which case it never would have been corrected..

Good thing the supervisors are on duty. It's an 8x65.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I can't recall an M7 bolt on anything. Do they exist?

Yes they exist.

I have an M7 tap that can be run through a stripped M6 in soft alloy (it's a bit of a bodge but often works) but you won't get an M7 bolt at your local ironmongers.

If anyone is interested an 11mm spanner for the heads and nuts. Sometimes I wonder why this stuff stays in my head.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. This morning I hit the local super hardware stores for both M7x65 and an M8x65 - I figured I'd hedge my bets!

I couldn't find an M7 in anything longer than 50mm and I could only find M8's in 60mm or 70mm. So I bought the M8x70. Foresee any problems using a 70 instead of a 65?

UK, I have learned much during my build, especially the specific metric tools I needed such as, 18mm deep socket for the NGK spark plug, 21mm socket for the head bolt, etc. I could have used that information about the ring nut spanner. Another tool for the box!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts