TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a trial version front rack I welded up, still needs a little tweaking to be what I want.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks real nice. I like the little kicker piece that goes up the cowl.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a small military surplus bag thet straps to it percectly when I need it, most of the time my hatchet rides up there. That little hatchet has cleared a lot of tree tops and limbs off the trail. I think I'll put a rock guard between the lower support arms, then I'll have a rack and headlight protection in one.

·
Registered
503 Posts
nice work r80rt. Having made a high mount rack myself, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed having things above the headlight. I will tell you to that it really changes the 'feel' of the steering depending on the weight. Seems to me, the more the merrier. Be careful till you get used to it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice work r80rt. Having made a high mount rack myself, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed having things above the headlight. I will tell you to that it really changes the 'feel' of the steering depending on the weight. Seems to me, the more the merrier. Be careful till you get used to it.
Thanks, I've been running with it for two years, I can't tell it's there. You are right about the weight, more than a couple of pounds up there is not a good idea. I purposely made it small so I wouldn't be tempted to carry anything too heavy on it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interested in making some more for the rest of us who would buy that from you?
I hadn't thought about that, it should be pretty easy to get one welded up locally. Finding material to make another one may be a problem for me, I just used some scap I had laying around, I don't have any more to use.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll start a new post with the final version, I just finished it yesterday.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I hadn't thought about that, it should be pretty easy to get one welded up locally. Finding material to make another one may be a problem for me, I just used some scap I had laying around, I don't have any more to use.

Don't know what you do for a check(40 hours)....but,these sure would supplement that some!.....Lowe's stores and the like carry stock.....you seem to know what your doinf in the fabrication area!....something for you to think on r80rt.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Mr. Bracket,

Your bike looks great. How about sharing some photos.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know what you do for a check(40 hours)....but,these sure would supplement that some!.....Lowe's stores and the like carry stock.....you seem to know what your doinf in the fabrication area!....something for you to think on r80rt.

Thank you, I've has some pretty positive response to that little rack. I do think I'll try to make a few and see where it goes, ya never know... Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts