TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2012 tw200, 2019 crf250l rally, 2017 tiger xrt 800
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used this front rack for a TW200? Allot cheaper than cycleracks and looks like should work good... Thoughts?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Probably the ugliest rack ever made .
Also the most useful ...
I have one one the back porch ...
Just can't bring myself to ruin the beautiful lines of the tw by installing it ..
Time will tell...
mike from NC

Reactions: salabim and admiral

·
Registered
530 Posts
Anyone ever used this front rack for a TW200? Allot cheaper than cycleracks and looks like should work good... Thoughts? View attachment 218980
They are ugly and I have started to take mine off several times. But it’s very useful and I have the light bar mounted under it.
I hit a bridge railing and buggered mine up on the right side.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

It paid for it self that day.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
453 Posts
They look much better in black, vs. bare aluminum. Maybe the manufacturer offers them in anodized black? That would be my choice.

Definitely function over form with this design.

Functionally, it’s strong & light; with the ability to add a LED lightbar, which is nice, for those who want that.

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
770 Posts
What's it called and where can you get it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's it called and where can you get it?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I don't think it's ugly at all. Compared to the stock TW seat, it is downright beautiful... and comfortable!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mekdad makes a great product and his shipping speed and service were excellent.

No, the rack is not attractive up front, but worth it. It does start looking better the more lights and cargo you put on it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yeah,
I thought that one was ugly too and was not overly fond of the design. And the others that were available, were a bit costly which, is on par with lots of aftermarket parts for motorcycles. Soooo, I just up and made my own. Did my own powder coating and, added some stainless hooks for tying things down if and when needed.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Tdub.
15 Posts
I bought this rack a few months ago and spraypainted it black and i love it! Super durable and a great price! Just like Mountain Yawp, had a very pleasant and quick buying and shipping process with Mek. Mounted some old forklights underneath mine and its fantastic! Would recommend it to anyone that has a TW

as a side note, putting your toolbag on the rack gives you a nice sort of preload to the front forks and helps stabilize the bike around 50 mph (mines about 10lbs)

·
Registered
2018 KLX250 camo ; former owner of 2006 TW (retired at 23k); 19' S3, 09' F-250, 97' Cherokee
560 Posts
The amount of air that would catch would cripple the 12 horsepower with the increased drag. No more track days on TW. :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
The amount of air that would catch would cripple the 12 horsepower with the increased drag. No more track days on TW. :p
I have not noticed any debilitating drag caused by my rack. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I get that. But if you want function it will do the trick very well. It's easily modified by the end user for lighting, tools, bags, etc.... I am working on a rifle, bow mount right now. I didn't want to pay the price of the other racks on the market so I designed and built this rack. Some say it's ugly, and that's okay with me. I didn't make it to be pretty. I made it to be used, and easily modified to fit the needs of the end user. Paint it or powder coat it what ever color you want. A $4.00 can of spray paint dolls them up real quick.
$70.00 shipped in the USA

If they don't find you handsome, at least they find you handy.....

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Best looking front rack out there in my eyes.... Love mine. But I am stupid and bought from ebay for 90$..lol I want a Rifle and Bow mount from mekdad.. Put me down for first one..(y)

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
453 Posts
I have not noticed any debilitating drag caused by my rack. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I get that. But if you want function it will do the trick very well. It's easily modified by the end user for lighting, tools, bags, etc.... I am working on a rifle, bow mount right now. I didn't want to pay the price of the other racks on the market so I designed and built this rack. Some say it's ugly, and that's okay with me. I didn't make it to be pretty. I made it to be used, and easily modified to fit the needs of the end user. Paint it or powder coat it what ever color you want. A $4.00 can of spray paint dolls them up real quick.
$70.00 shipped in the USA

If they don't find you handsome, at least they find you handy.....

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed. It's a solid platform, priced right & great as-is, with options to expand it's utility, easily change it's aesthetics to suit every individual's preference - limited only by the end-user's imagination. Bravo.

Reactions: mekdad
1 - 20 of 36 Posts