TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
That's a great deal for someone who needs that type of storage for an adventure trip.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
I agree, great price for those with the need. Shipping to the new owner might be an adventure in itself though.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I agree, great price for those with the need. Shipping to the new owner might be an adventure in itself though.
The idea Fred would be to ride out to Eastern Montana on your TW and install the racks and packs for the ride back home. Now that would be a real adventure!

GaryL

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
oooo this is tempting
Time to jump if you have a need for such a setup. You can't buy just that rear rack for the price he is asking for the entire setup. Those Pelican boxes are wildly expensive as well.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I've sure shipped a lot of things to Maine lately and I don't recall ever shipping to Maine before this year something is going on up North lol
Maine is an absolutely perfect place to own and ride a TW. Especially the northern zones where so many of the roads are just packed gravel with no pavement because the frost just tears it up every winter. We travel those roads and come upon lots of very big road graders just scraping the top surface to take out the humps or crowns. When we vacation up there it takes me a long time with my pressure washer to get the mud and dirts cleaned up from the undercarriage after I get home. The good part, I think, is the mud and dirt are clean mud and dirt and I don't think they use salt or calcium up there. Here at home during the winter my dark blue 4Runner is white from the crap they use on our roads. Another thing I notice up in Maine is that most of the pickup trucks are 4 wheel drive and they all tend to have 8 or 10 ply tires on them. It would be a horrible place to live if all you could afford is a car like a Civic.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
still for sale last guy backed out due to shipping costs
The minute I saw your ad and looked at what was being offered I thought to myself, the buyer better pick this up in person. The size of the boxes required plus the time and effort to pack this stuff and then when UPS or FedX quotes the shipping cost it is a dead deal. Certainly over $100 just for shipping is what I would think.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
$275 delivered for all that quality gear seems like a bargain. Pass this up and good luck replicating the value in the future. Lets give 300stw credit for willing to go through the effort to "box" and ship. Good man! ( Or woman if that be the case:)).

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
That is actually a bargain on the shipping and bigger bargain on all you are offering. Great offer to our members and I am very surprised it is not gone already.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts