TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1993 kr650. will a klr600 rim fit on that? a klr250? they're all 21 inch rims I'm pretty sure. any help would be much appreciated. I know there are klr forums out there but I'd rather get info from a tdub'er. thanks for your time! --joe

·
Registered
603 Posts
Count the spokes. If the spokes are the same number, the rim will fit just about any hub using the same number of spokes.. If the spoke lengths are different on the 600/650, check bike bandit or whatever, you would need to use 650 spokes to lace up the rim on the 650 hub.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went to some klr forums and it looks like the 600 rim will fit the 650, you just have to change out the brake rotor, which is easy. though if anyone here can confirm that or add info it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are we talkin' rims here or rims and hubs. Rims is one thing, hubs is another. I'm so confused............

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, I meant hub. but I don't plan on taking apart rims & hubs. I plan on buying the rim and hub together while they are already put together. the thing is, is that klr600 and klr250 rim/hub units are a lot cheaper than the klr650's, so if I can get away with a 250 or 600 unit that would be awesome.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Should be a KLR site around somewhere that would have more info on swapping stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts