TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just bought my first tw (08)and was going to do a few mods, including an o ring chain and 15 tooth front sprocket. I was going to order 80574415-15 (parts unlimited) through dennis kirk until i read the description and saw that it spec'd the sprocket at a 520 chain size, while the stock chain (which i already ordered an o ring replacement for) is a 428. I held off from ordering the sprocket for the moment (though it lists it as correct for the tw) because im not sure if its a misprint on dk or if thats just the wrong sprocket for my bike. Anyone ordered this sprocket and had ok luck, or is the 520 description true? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'm going to say it was a mis-print. The 2006 TW that I own does indeed use a 428 chain & sprocket. I have replaced both a number of times and always have been presented with the "428". Gerry

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Weird. I looked it up and it does say that the size is 520 and it fits the TW. I'd give them a call before you buy to confirm the size.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called dk, and though the guy was less than helpful, he did look up the part number and confirm that the sprocket is indeed a 428, not the 520 as it is listed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rather than starting a new post, ill add on... Ive got the correct yamaha gasket for the case cover when i do the sprocket swap, but do you guys suggest anything else to put on it when i put the cover back on? Any rtv or other sealants suggested? Ill be careful when removing the old gasket from the case and cover, but id like to avoid any possible leaks if you guys have already been there, done that. Thanks!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Here's a tip for you. When you put the new gasket on, put it on dry on the engine side but put a little smear of grease on the side cover. If you need to remove it again the gasket will stick to the engine but not the side cover. It will be OK to use again if you need to take the cover off again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts