TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
First off I got to say this is a fantastic forum.
I live in Alaska and my steed in the garage up here is a decked out 2008 650 Suzuki Vstrom, a great adventure touring bike.
Two years ago I purchased a used TW200 and it lives in my buddies garage in Southern Utah. I keep my sanity by escaping in the early and late winter by riding in the desert. We have done numerous hard core camping trips on them, including a trip to Inuvik, way above the Arctic Circle in the Northwest Territories. A fantastic little bike.
So we are going to sign up for the 2017 LA to Barsto to Vegas rally. Its a 400 mile ride thru the desert mostly in sand. So I need help on choosing my new front tire. After reading the fantastic 33 page thread on front tires I have narrowed it down to two and am looking for your input. Either
the Shinko 241 or Pirelli MT43. What ever tire I purchase will be the narrowest I can fit on the rim to help stop the plowing the original fat tire does. I am unable to get them up here, so pretty much going on your recommendations. Any thoughts on any tire appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

You have indeed done your research, I think those are the best 2 tires also. You might consider joining one of the group rides that go on all the time around here. Great folks here. There's a few folks here with V-Strom's too. Great bike. I used to have one and loved it. I'd go with the MT43 personally. I think it may be a bit better built and last a bit longer.

Again, welcome!!

Hi All,
First off I got to say this is a fantastic forum.
I live in Alaska and my steed in the garage up here is a decked out 2008 650 Suzuki Vstrom, a great adventure touring bike.
Two years ago I purchased a used TW200 and it lives in my buddies garage in Southern Utah. I keep my sanity by escaping in the early and late winter by riding in the desert. We have done numerous hard core camping trips on them, including a trip to Inuvik, way above the Arctic Circle in the Northwest Territories. A fantastic little bike.
So we are going to sign up for the 2017 LA to Barsto to Vegas rally. Its a 400 mile ride thru the desert mostly in sand. So I need help on choosing my new front tire. After reading the fantastic 33 page thread on front tires I have narrowed it down to two and am looking for your input. Either
the Shinko 241 or Pirelli MT43. What ever tire I purchase will be the narrowest I can fit on the rim to help stop the plowing the original fat tire does. I am unable to get them up here, so pretty much going on your recommendations. Any thoughts on any tire appreciated. Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts