TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put together this setup for my bike, but now I am considering going a slightly different route. If I can sell these components than great, if not I will just use them on my build. The kit includes the following:

Yamaha YFB250 Cylinder, bored and honed
Yamaha 74mm forged piston, 9:5:1, skirt milled to clear crank/balancer
Yamaha piston rings for above piston
Tusk gasket kit for cylinder

All parts are new (except for the cylinder of course). This will up your displacement to 239.6cc if you are running a stock TW motor, and 249.4cc if you are running a 58mm stroke (like in a TTR motor, etc.). If you are running a TTR or XT motor, than it is a bolt on upgrade. Those running a stock TW motor will have to open up the case mouths to accept the larger cylinder sleeve. If you want a new Yamaha wrist pin and clips I can provide those as well at an extra cost. Price is $325 plus shipping.

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is very tempting....Any interest in taking a new 71mm Wiseco 10.25 to 1 piston kit as a partial trade? I have 2 extra piston kits....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry lbxr, I'm not in need of one of those at the moment. I would take it in trade to help you out but I already have too many parts I don't have time to sell!

·
Registered
416 Posts
PM Sent.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick FYI: The new Yamaha wrist pin and clips I will include for $15, and shipping to the continental US is right around $20 depending on where you are.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry lbxr, I'm not in need of one of those at the moment. I would take it in trade to help you out but I already have too many parts I don't have time to sell!
Ok thanks...Curious, which way are you going if you are not using the kit you have for sale?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I am rebuilding my crank as part of the build anyway, and it got me thinking about boring the small end of the connecting rod to be able to fit the larger wrist pin (+1mm) newer XT250 and Raptor engines use. Then I could use a piston as large as 76mm (which would be a tight fit if its even possible) and as high as a 13:1 compression ratio. Obviously there is a bit to figure out, but the way I see it is selling the kit I have opens my options back up and if I keep it than I can go the tried-and-true route (nothing to figure out).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi YBW

Would a XT250 cylinder be the same as a YFB ? as i am looking to open out my TTR230 motor before fitting it to my T Dub.

Regards Barry

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately not, as the XT250 bolt holes don't line up and the YFB/YFMs are actually only 229cc from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts