TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders. I've been a follower of the Tdub forum but never posted on here. I apologize in advance if I didn't follow any forum rules with my post. I've had my TW since 09 but its time to sell her. Getting ready to start a family so its time some of the toys leave the garage....for now :).

I notice most people on here keep the TW dual purpose, but if anybody is interested in a brat style bike, take a look at mine. I'd love to hear your thoughts and if anybody is interested in it for themselves or their friends, feel free to message me. I haven't noticed a whole lot of Tdubs in Los Angeles, but I'm open to showing the bike. Pretty simple to convert this to cafe style also, if you're interested. I hate to see her go, as I still ride her regularly. But if I'm able to sell, it will help me out.

All the work has been done at my buddy's mechanics shop and has been done with care. I'm not just somebody that flips bikes or anything like this. I've ridden this bike for the last couple of years. We carefully disassembled the bike completely and did a full refresh with powdercoating everything black. Even the spokes on the wheels! The wheels were trued (not sure if thats how you spell it) and the bike rides great. Motor runs well and really hasn't seen much mileage. I would say anywhere from 2500-4000. I don't have actual mileage due to changing the speedo. But when I bought it, there was only 500 miles on it. There's also been a lot of work that I haven't posted on the ad, but I know you guys will know what's up with the bike when you see it. If you guys have any questions, let me know.

I also have mostly all the stock parts if anybody is looking for anything in particular, let me know. I'll see if I have it. Most of it is at my buddy's shop, so I won't be able to respond instantly. But I will look for everything, probably next week, take pictures and post up on the classifieds.

Thanks for checking out my bike!

Ryan

You can check up my ad on craigslist here:
Brat Style 2006 Yamaha TW200 cafe racer bobber vintage

tw200.jpg steady_garage_tww.jpg

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Great looking bike!

Yours is probably one of the cleanest looking hollow mods that I've seen, very nicely done.

Just curious, why did you swap your forks and flip the front wheel so the brake caliper/rotor is now on the right hand side?

Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Ryan,

Great looking bike!

Yours is probably one of the cleanest looking hollow mods that I've seen, very nicely done.

Just curious, why did you swap your forks and flip the front wheel so the brake caliper/rotor is now on the right hand side?

Brian
Thanks Brian! Wow, I never even noticed that. I'll have to ask my buddy if there were any issues as to why we put it on the other side. Maybe he just made a mistake and put it on the right side as opposed to the left. You know when you take everything apart, it doesn't always go on the same way. Anyways, its works completely fine though! Haha!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it looks pretty wicked. I built a Japanese street tracker last fall myself. Good luck with the sale.

Bart
Damn Bart! Your bike looks sick! I was thinking about blacking out the gas tank as well. Just haven't gotten around to doing it. Our bikes look very similar. That is awesome! Thanks also for the post on your blog. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Damn Bart! Your bike looks sick! I was thinking about blacking out the gas tank as well. Just haven't gotten around to doing it. Our bikes look very similar. That is awesome! Thanks also for the post on your blog. I appreciate it!
Yeah, no problem. I figured hey, maybe it will send some folks your way, plus your bike looks awesome (I would keep it if I was you, lol).

Bart

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That's a nice ride and the fork issue is one that will be easily corrected by the new owner if you must sell.

But you've been missing out on full enjoyment of the bike via sluggish handling due to the that extra 2" of trail. If you're on the fence try flipping the fork tubes around, then ride it. You may find that you want to keep it.

Just sayin'.

Nice bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice ride and the fork issue is one that will be easily corrected by the new owner if you must sell.

But you've been missing out on full enjoyment of the bike via sluggish handling due to the that extra 2" of trail. If you're on the fence try flipping the fork tubes around, then ride it. You may find that you want to keep it.

Just sayin'.

Nice bike.
Thanks for the info. Actually I didn't really notice all that much difference, but if I do keep it for longer, I will fix the front end and see if there is any difference. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
woah dude what rear shock is that, link?
The rear shock is actually a Daytona shock. It came with a gunmetal or bronzy colored coil. It was a little soft for me and the wife so I actually had a friend figure out a stronger coil. He got the coil from Megan racing. I'm not exactly the weight limit. I can check though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm interested in getting one for my current build, tried to find it online with no luck. Where about did you get it from? @bratdub

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm interested in getting one for my current build, tried to find it online with no luck. Where about did you get it from? @bratdub
Sorry man, got this direct from Japan. I used to work closely with some Posh and Daytona vendors. Doubt its something you can source here. What you can do though, is to use your same shock setup and put a different coil on it. Or if you are looking to just change the color, you can always paint or powdercoat the coil to give it a different look. As far as the shock performance itself, I don't think its something that definitely needed to be changed. The coil on the other hand has helped out a great deal to limit the travel with the weight and extension. When we put the extension on, the shock just felt way too soft and would bottom out with more than 220 lbs. So we upgraded the coil and it is a lot stiffer with less travel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry man, got this direct from Japan. I used to work closely with some Posh and Daytona vendors. Doubt its something you can source here. What you can do though, is to use your same shock setup and put a different coil on it. Or if you are looking to just change the color, you can always paint or powdercoat the coil to give it a different look. As far as the shock performance itself, I don't think its something that definitely needed to be changed. The coil on the other hand has helped out a great deal to limit the travel with the weight and extension. When we put the extension on, the shock just felt way too soft and would bottom out with more than 220 lbs. So we upgraded the coil and it is a lot stiffer with less travel.
Ahh too bad, shock just looked super clean and fresh. Build looks great. Good luck with your sale. Would defiantly jump on it but I'm in AUS :(

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just caught up on this thread. I should look into a different coil for my bike. I am 205 or so and a stiffer coil would probably help me too.

Bart

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lowered price to $4800. Any buyers out there? Willing to negotiate with forum guys since I know it will go to a good home. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump guys! New price at $4500. I've had a few people come check the bike out, but nobody serious. A lot of flakers out on CL, obviously. Anybody have any other suggestions on where i can post it for sale?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts