Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I have picked up a new dirt bike and decided to let highly modified 1991 TW225 monster go to a new home. The bike had a well documented build here on the forum and I still have copies of all the images that I can share with potential buyers. It works extremely well and is very reliable and runs great.

1991 TW200 build list

Engine
- retains stock 1991 TW200 CDI ignition and charging/electric starting circuits
- TTR225 cylinder with first oversize 10.25:1 wiseco piston kit.
- TTR225 six speed transmission conversion
- TTR225 engine cases with all new bearings
- TTR225 six disc clutch basket
- XT225 crank shaft/rod and timing chain
- TTR225 cam shaft
- TW200 kick start assembly
- PZ30 pumper carburetor
- TW 200 stator cover
- XT225 clutch cover

Front End
- Wr400 inverted forks and triple trees
- 21" Gibson sand/mud MX tire on WR400 rim (summer)
- 21" Pirelli studded/spike MX tire with HD tube and triple tube liners (winetr)
- 7/8" to 1+1/8" Roxx 2" bar risers
- 1+1/8" carbon fiber reinforced handle bars
- Acrebis super moto hand guards
- Two LED light bars
- WR400 front headlight
- XT225 brake master cylinder to retain brake light switch
- WR400 throttle housing assembly
- new clutch cable

Back End
- 2.75" extended and sleeved rear swing arm
- 12" trailer wheel conversion hub
- 27x9x12 duro ATV tire on trailer rim (summer)
- Studded 26x8x12 duro tire on rim (winter)
- new 520 chain and sprockets
- XT225 rear drum arm for more leverage
- YFM350 Yamaha warrior rear shock with remote reservoir
- Eibach 19kg heavy duty rear coil spring

Frame
- 1991 TW200 frame with road legal title in my name
- frame has been seam welded and all stock welds reinforced
- Front engine mount is welded to a heavy duty XT600 tube steel skid plate
- Upper bearing cup on frame modified to accept the WR400 upper bearing and triple clamps
- Steering stop reinforced and welded

Body
- XT225 Clarke tank
- TW200/XT225 hybrid seat pan and cover
- Rear sub frame reinforced and modified to allow grab bar and rear rack to bolt on
- Rear grab bar
- Wolfman style full rear rack with oxford sports tail bag
- oversized foot pegs
- LED super moto taillight

There is also a hoard of parts included. Compete XT engine cases, XT suspension parts, TW engine cases, most of the stock TW parts, extra rims and tires .... etc etc etc.

The bike is registered for the road but would require the instrument cluster and turn signals to be reinstalled as well as some sort of DOT approved tire solution sorted out. I am willing to ship if someone is interested and can help deliver if someone in the maritimes decides to purchase it.

The bike has been a ton of fun to build and would love to see it go to someone on the forum. If it doesn't sell I will probably part it out and sell the parts here on the forum. Primarily I am just trying to free up some space and get some funds to start modding my new bike ..... the cycle continues.

I will let it all go for $2500 Canadian dollars.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Cheers,
Ian

20180516_185555.jpg
20180516_185736.jpg
20180516_185619.jpg
20180516_184900.jpg
20180516_185912.jpg

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, that is a LOT of bike for the money... I hope someone here jumps on it!

It would be a shame to tear it apart....

Good luck on the sale!
Thanks!

I usually price things to move .... I don't want to waste any time and when I've decided to let a bike go .... I just want it gone. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much different did this bike handle in the rough?
If you’re to start from scratch, what would you do differently?
The reason for my asking is that I’m deep into rebuilding a TW as we speak?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much different did this bike handle in the rough?
If you’re to start from scratch, what would you do differently?
The reason for my asking is that I’m deep into rebuilding a TW as we speak?
I wouldn't change very much.

As is the engine and transmission is perfect. It behaves like a dirt bike should with the pumper carb and new piston. The engine revs out quickly and the gear spacing is perfect for trail riding. The suspension works great and the bike is very soft with lots of travel.

Now if money was no object .....

- Aluminum rear hub built from scratch
- aluminum rear rim from a ATV
- Aftermarket exhaust
- Lace a 18" TW front rim to the front WR hub to keep the TW look and keep it road legal.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Does anyone know if it is difficult to register a Canadian bike in the USA, in Oregon in particular? Or is it basically like bringing one from a different state, where all they do is check the VIN number on the frame?

Excellent mods and a great deal on that bike.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if it is difficult to register a Canadian bike in the USA, in Oregon in particular? Or is it basically like bringing one from a different state, where all they do is check the VIN number on the frame?

I am not 100% sure on the process. I have imported things the other way USA to Canada and the vehicle needs a special inspection carried out to verify compliance if you plan on using it on the road.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
do you have the stock electrical? was just dropping the incandescent tail light and blinkers give enough juice for the led strips?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you have the stock electrical? was just dropping the incandescent tail light and blinkers give enough juice for the led strips?
Yes running the stock electrics. The LED light bars run off a fused relay straight from the battery ... they switch is key on using the stock 12v system. The TW charging/battery setup is more then capable of running two light bars plus all the stock components.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am chomping at the bit to start modding the Husquvarna I picked up. So open to offers as well ..... if it doesn't sell soon I'll part it out here on the forum. ;)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That’s a whole lotta bike and gear for the money. What Husky did you find? Good luck with sale.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I picked up a 2011 TXC449. :cool:

When I went to register it at the DMV Friday they told me it could be made street legal, I rushed over to my local shop who sold the husky when it was new, they also do all my MVI on my bikes and I know the owner very well ..... he confirmed that if install a gauge cluster, mirror, horn and wiring harness for lights it can be made road legal.

I bought this bike to get a dedicated high performance off road machine but having it street legal to transit between trails would be amazing!

Plus it would increase the bikes value and make it more usable day to day ..... at least that's what I told the wife. :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This thing looks fantastic.
Must be a beast on the trails.
Hey Phreadd. The TW works amazing. It's purpose build for the rocky, muddy conditions we have out east and rides like a Cadillac.

I have listed it forsale on kijiji now ..... which should be entertaining at least. 😃

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/dartmouth/tw200-highly-modified/1356584534?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

·
Registered
24 Posts
What sort of extra parts do you have kicking around ?

While I can't justify pulling the trigger on the bike, I may be interested in picking up some odds and ends.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I've done it a few time into Washington. Even an old Super Tenere' that was never imported into the U.S. by Yamaha. But it did get registered as a Virago:laughing6:

Other bikes were a Velocette, a couple of Triumphs and even a Rudge

The one trick is to not bring it across the I-5 border crossing. They're permanently pissed off agents there, and hate everybody and everything including hams and sausages from Cloverdale B.C.

Bring it across one of the smaller crossings like Port Angeles, or Sumas/Huntingdon.

And as long as it has the DOT sticker on the frame of the neck you are good. Usually any bike that is for both markets has this sticker.

With it away out there where they eat seal flipper sandwiches, I'd have an agent do it for you and ship it. Probably about $2,000.00

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What sort of extra parts do you have kicking around ?

While I can't justify pulling the trigger on the bike, I may be interested in picking up some odds and ends.
Hey Phreadd.

I have all kinds of TW200/XT225 parts ... and CB919 parts as well.

I am going to put a list together this weekend and post add in the classifieds here on the forum.

I'll be putting together a "part out" list for the TW225 as well.

Thanks,
Ian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.