TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these stainless bottles on Amazon.ca and find them very well made at a bargain price....... They are 1 litre or 34 oz and fit the Quick Fists grips with room to spare. I have not tried them yet but they feel rock solid for $10.95 CDN!
The only weak spot will be the rubber o-ring that makes the seal in the bottle cap..... ( a big shout out to TW-Brian for the custom grips)

putt-putt

DSCN1429.JPG

IMG_6274.PNG

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Gas "will" mess up those o-rings.

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
But they can be replaced with gasoline resistant replacement o-rings.
Or just haul beverages in the Quick Fists, they might add a whole new meaning to “Here, hold my beer and watch this”.;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Hey putt-putt,

When I first used these Brunton fuel bottles, the crummy ethanol blended fuel that we have here in California literally turned the entire caps into mush. I complained to Brunton and they sent me some new ethanol resistant caps that have been working fine ever since. You may be able to get ethanol/gas resistant O-rings, but if the plastic caps aren't resistant then you are out of luck.

Only one way to know for sure. Fill one with the gas that you plan to use, lay it its side (outside somewhere) for a week or two and see what happens.

Brian

100_0775.JPG

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, lots of great suggestions. I will use these for water/beverages and buys proper ones for the very rare time that I think I may require additional fuel......:).
I think they will look.....:) :) :)

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Need that fuel to start a warming fire. It just plain looks cold up there in your picture. I wish I would've been into off-road motorcycles when I lived in Colorado. Couldn't afford any type of motorcycle at the time let alone off-road/dual-sport.

Burrrr! :D

I once had a Harry Houdini gas can strapped to my rear rack. Despite my best efforts to secure the can, it unshackled itself and jumped right off the TW, on to the trail and tried to run away. Unfortunately, it cracked and bled out (gas) on the trail. Me no trusty the normal plastic gas cans again. Not trail riding anyway. Maybe ok on nicer roads and 2 tracks.

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
That is a really good picture Bobo!
Maybe I just like seeing someone else using a soft sided tail bag. IMHO rigid tail boxes are rattle monsters unless care is taken to pad all the contents well. Smelling the aftermath of someone's burst tuna fish lunch left to age in the sun was not pretty, and besides everything else in their box came out well seasoned and oily. :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Funny stuff admiral, It really was cold up there. Lol
I've had a fuel spout crack there it threads onto the tank & a trip to Tractor Supply & I was good to go again.
I have considered the fuel bottles & reasoned that with the cheapo gallon jug , I only have one opening to worry about leaking .
With the fuel bottles in the quart size ,I'd have 4 caps that could leak to equal the gallon I'm carrying.
I have "Bob luck" & that's why I'm using the ugly can. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is a really good picture Bobo!
Maybe I just like seeing someone else using a soft sided tail bag. IMHO rigid tail boxes are rattle monsters unless care is taken to pad all the contents well. Smelling the aftermath of someone's burst tuna fish lunch left to age in the sun was not pretty, and besides everything else in their box came out well seasoned and oily. :(
Thank you Fred,
The tail pack is a Genuine Kawasaki unit made for the KLR & fits like a glove on the rack. It's fully collapsed in the picture & expands a lot like a bellows.
I carry a plastic bag to store the gas can that blocks the headlamp in case I get caught in the dark.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I found these stainless bottles on Amazon.ca and find them very well made at a bargain price....... They are 1 litre or 34 oz and fit the Quick Fists grips with room to spare. I have not tried them yet but they feel rock solid for $10.95 CDN!
The only weak spot will be the rubber o-ring that makes the seal in the bottle cap..... ( a big shout out to TW-Brian for the custom grips)

putt-putt

View attachment 140402

View attachment 140410
Please, I would appreciate guidance to where to purchase the Quick Fist grips. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart...

Reactions: putt-putt

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really like your idea for carrying extra gas like this. Can you show how you mounted the clamps or do you have a separate thread detailing the attachment?
Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts