TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type and brand(if it matters)of fuel filter do folks install on the TW?. If there are any replies.....what filtering "element" is best?.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
90 fuel filter

·
Registered
120 Posts
i found that the big clear paper filter works very well, but it has to be a 90 degree elbow or else it gets in the way of the throttle cables. probably not the best thing to be blocked off.haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
you already have a very fine mesh on the petcock and and a screen on the needle-seat-valve, if the one in the tank is missing or damaged add an in filter, get small ones from lawn mower shops

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm trying to replace the petcock filters, does anyone have a part number? I've bought them for late 70's XS's several times.

Naturally, if you know a Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki substitue, that'll do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just bought the seal between the tank and petcock for $5 then I see that the 2000 tw's entire petcock is only $12!!! Dang it all.... will the 2000's cock fit my old girl?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Yes, that petcock design seems to span not only tw's but xt's and many other Yamaha models. Thats why they can sell it so cheaply - they make them by the zillions. Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a largish paper element filter and use a pc of gas hose to make a pig tail to route it to the carb

All is under the tank level so its working fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts