TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gentlemen. Trying to re-run my fuel line due to tough routing using a xt350 tank. Looked for a re-enforced or anti-kink fuel line given the tight curve I need to make. Haven't found anything, now I'm toying with the idea of bending a hard(rigd) brake line and using that that with short sections of fuel line on each side. Run is pretty tight, see pics.

Any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Interesting. On my steel XT tank the petcock is only slightly behind the head. It appears that the Clarke tank's petcock sits a good couple inches further rearward.

Acerbis sells a left-exit petcock which cold be one solution if there's enough room. It's intended to go on the right side of their tanks with two petcocks.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
hey josh,

what happened to the active pump xt225 tank? decided less was more?

i'm always inspired by your bike and the ideas you have, i'm sure you'll figure out a fix for this.

i'm out of commission for a month or so, but let me know when you want to hit hollister.

joe

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, tried the longer hose route but outlet of petcock causes the hose to hit the frame, so you have to run it on the outside and back in. Might have to bend up a peice of rigid brake w/single flairs and run two short rubber hose sections.

josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts