TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a previous thread..

When I was at the dealer today I was talking to a salesman who was touting the new fuel-injected XT250. He said that he's heard that Yamaha's plan for the 2014 TW200 is to introduce fuel injection. Hearsay, conjecture, who knows?

Anyone else hear anything like this?

I wonder what it would do to the resale value of existing used TWs?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Old White Truck, on 14 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

I wonder what it would do to the resale value of existing used TWs?

ME: I imagine Yamaha would raise the price a bit on new fuel injected bikes. Without knowing if it would be open loop or closed loop, I'd think the biggest advantage would be increased tolerance for stale or bad fuel.

I doubt if it would have much effect on prices of the older TWs, but people are likely to resist paying above $3K for used when a new one with fuel injection is less than $2K more. Just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i wouldnt want fuel injection.,.. I've hardly even figured out how a carb works!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't want an EFI bike unless I was traveling in elevation a lot.

The EFI will add cost, weight, it will be mapped lean and will need a piggy-back ECU to change maps. It's easier to buy a $5 jet for a carb. I can fix a carb, I can't fix a fuel pump or throttle body.

I like my 1980s engineering, thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My WR250 id fuel injected and runs flawlessly from sea level to 6500'. haven't been any higher yet. I assume it runs open loop since i can't find an O2 sensor on it. I wouldn't even consider buying a new carbed bike. The down side ti EFI is if you do any performance mods you will need to buy fuel manager. extra $200. I doubt the EFI ads more than a pound over a carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts