TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've been working on a friend's bike. Long story short, the fuel line that should connect the four carbs together was missing...just completely gone. I'm thinking I will try to cut some fuel hose and use it to connect the carbs. The problem is, I don't know what size the original connectors were (and they aren't sold independently as per the parts diagrams for the carbs). The outer diameter of the hard line that comes out of the side of each carburetor is 6 mm. I have a ~4 mm inner diameter vacuum line that seems to fit pretty well, and a ~5 mm inner diameter fuel hose that fits, but seems slightly loose. I'm concerned that the 5 mm line could leak, but don't trust the 4 mm line to hold up/not get eaten by the gasoline eventually. I am thinking to buy this: https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/ISM_TY_532932_50.html . I guess I just want some kind of reassurance that 4 mm i.d. hose is reasonable to use with 6 mm o.d. outlet tube (on the carbs)...

Of course, it doesn't help that the outlet tubes coming off the sides of the carbs are very short in length - probably 1/4", so there is also some concern of whatever hose I stick in there not necessarily staying put super well. I'm planning to cut each hose about 1 or 2 mm too long, so that the carbs push the hoses together a little and help hold them in place.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thanks for the responses. I'll go ahead and order up a foot of the tubing in my link. I just wish I had another three months of summer vacation to finish this "little" project...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts