TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I know this is juvenile and not safe, but I do it anyway. For those of us that shut off our fuel after every ride, who tries to glide home with no fuel left?
You know exactly where to turn it off...don't you?!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know exactly where to turn it off...don't you?!
Who me? From four different routes. This is after changing to a smaller fuel filter and having to relearn. Like I said, it’s juvenile. Lol

I still come up short on occasion, never long.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I lay my over on the left side to get the fuel remaining in the right lobe of the tank to splash over to the left. Gets me between a pint and quart more worth of running depending on the bike. Pushing a bike to town sucks.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I always shut off the petcock before I pull into the driveway though I don't always drain the float bowl. My brother-in-law took the TW for a ride and came back with a big smile. While going over the bike with him I noticed that I had the petcock on "off". He went 3 miles round-trip on what was left in the carb and fuel line. That's economy.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Good thing he didn't go farther...haha
I always shut off the petcock before I pull into the driveway though I don't always drain the float bowl. My brother-in-law took the TW for a ride and came back with a big smile. While going over the bike with him I noticed that I had the petcock on "off". He went 3 miles round-trip on what was left in the carb and fuel line. That's economy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts