TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my California compliant '06 TW200 with less than 800 miles on it and immediately 'Oregonized' it. The first thing I did was replace the rear sprocket with a 55 tooth for the lower gear range - perfect for our timbered country - and removed the gas tank vapor filter which is required down south and in some other areas. I don't think I will need the canister and see no reason to hang onto it. Am I wrong to sell it? What is it worth to someone who needs it?

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
It's not worth a nickel. Most everyone who can, takes them off, me included. Chuck it in your parts box, just in case you move to California some day and have to put it back on to pass inspection.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
55 tooth is a good choice for off road fun and versatility. Remove charcoal evaporative canister and plumb the two vent lines together, right littletommy?

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
I forget.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't know if there is confusion regarding the fuel evaporative canisters on California bikes or not. They are only charcoal filters on the vent lines of the carb and fuel tank. That makes a pretty good filter in my opinion. If you unhook the lines going into the canister, provide some kind of filtration on the end of those open lines. I just left the canisters on all of my bikes. They have no effect on the operation of the bike or settings. I will admit the power jet is set too lean on all of them.

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Welcome, "Oregonized", too funny, but I like it.

I think our late lizrdbrth use to say the charcoal emissions canister had no ill affect with engine performance. Believe he mentioned this many, many times right? I'd do what littletommy suggested by keeping for that "just in case" moment. Heck, even someone else might have that moment and then you could offer it up.

Now if you remove it because of looks, that would be different, but I don't think you need to remove it if you don't want to.

Again, welcome and take care.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Ha ha, I said to put it in a box somewhere, but I ended up sending mine down south to Mel with some other parts for last years Lizrdbrth get together.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have one on my TW I don't see any reason to remove it unless I need a bracket to hang an oil cooler on.

Reactions: Blueduce

·
Registered
816 Posts
I didnt notice any difference. the clarke tank didnt have the proper hook up for the canister so mine camae off and just capped the inlet on the carb. Done deal. I have a few of those things from all my bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts