TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike is in Santa Barbara, CA. 93103
Price is $6500 for everything
(even got an aluminum folding ramp for the truckbed i'll throw in)

Been quite a while since I was active on here, what can I say, born and bred lurker...

See original post from when I bought bike here.

See some of the mods I've done here.

Now before I go further, yes I am looking for 6500k cash. Amount invested is over twice that. More detailed photos to come in the next couple days, let me know if there is anything in particular you are looking for and I will make sure I get those photos during the shoot.

The bike has sat for the last year, but she fires up every time (brand new carb with new jets just installed) Has old carb and comes with complete pumper carb setup as well that I was planning on using with the bigbore, speaking of which.

225cc engine came from old Serow XT, has had all work/parts necessary sourced and purchased, except the cutting of the cases for the oversize sleeve from L.A. sleeve (yeah the sleeve and piston/rings is included.) Comes with kit to add 6th gear and kickstarter also.

There is too much to list/go over. I bought nearly every possible thing ProCycle sells, and some parts were sourced from overseas as well.

If you couldn't tell, I hate that I'm listing this for sale but after being hospitalized I've been told that its very unlikely that I will ride again any time soon so, I'd rather this go to someone on this forum who will love it as much as I did and wants to take it to the next level like I had planned.

If you made it this far, thanks for taking the time and otherwise, hope you all have a great day.
-Bill

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Bill, I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. Especially sorry since I live in Santa Barbara and would love to ride with another Tdubber. Good luck on the sale, here's a bump for yah

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
But Bill, you're only 41 or so, right? Won't you heal enough to eventually split the cases & finish the engine work? Even if it sits for a few more years won't realizing your dream be worth it? So sorry to hear of your plight.:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bill, I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. Especially sorry since I live in Santa Barbara and would love to ride with another Tdubber. Good luck on the sale, here's a bump for yah
Wow, Dane, yeah that is a bummer. It WOULD be great to get out and ride with another Tdubber. Never actually had that experience, mostly ridden with guys who were busy roosting me as they sped off on their 450s and KTMs... lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But Bill, you're only 41 or so, right? Won't you heal enough to eventually split the cases & finish the engine work? Even if it sits for a few more years won't realizing your dream be worth it? So sorry to hear of your plight.:(
Fred, you know, I really want that to be true. Sadly, between the special type of nerve/heart issues my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is causing (which is unfortunately only worsened by holding onto a set of handlebars), and the need to divest so I can stay afloat during this pandemic, the bike HAS to go. I really hope someone wants to take the dream and make it their reality. At only 41, if I am eventually able to ride another bike, I know I won't have any issues building another. Building is always the funnest part for me anyway. I have been very tempted to finish the motor and sell the bike with it and the original motor as a crate replacement alongside.

That said, the serow is already broken down, inspected and ready for case half finishing. Only thing I didn't source that I might have during the build is a full set of bearings. As a mechanic of over 20 years, I believe the bearings I didn't purchase to be a non issue, but someone who wanted the absolute best build possible might want to replace them too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright folks, here is a link to the rest of the pictures. These were all taken this afternoon. There is a ton of stuff here, so I'm gonna try and name off what I can but.. it's a lot. If you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up. Had a good long talk with my father today about keeping it, and still think it's best if it goes to someone who will love it and ride/build it over the next couple years, rather than just sitting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One question, if any of you see this please reply, do you think the price is fair/heavy/crap/swell/etc?

·
Registered
443 Posts
GLWS.

·
Registered
‘04 TW200, Jets+Shims, DGV2, S-moto fender, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS DOT LED BLK, Moose Rack
197 Posts
Hiya Bill. Lived in the (805) 12+ years, many moons ago. Left for work & because of the cost of living. Great riding/moto-camping & outdoor options out that way. Sorry to hear of your health woes.

Miracles are possible.
Stay in the fight.
The mind & spirit are powerful things, when focused.

Great looking build. Like your vision. Always remember though, the word “investment” or “invested” have little to do with passions of the mechanically modified variety. I hope you get as much for liquidating as you need, but it will never come anywhere close to what you’ve put in.

Mods, farkles & extra bits can add some return above Year/Make/Model value, but it’s a rare buyer who will pay even what could be considered “fair,” by someone in the know, for all those extras.

Best of luck with the sale. Get well. Hope you defy the odds & are back to 80, 90, maybe even 100%, before you know it.

Too young man, too young. Life’s not fair, but we all get to choose the attitude we bring, every morning our feet hit the floor. Stay strong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seadub.. I thank you so much. Your words are all true and have me literally in tears. Never thought I'd let this machine go, and I'm fighting, hoping that I find another gear in life. If I can find a way to pay for all this mess, and recover, I know another TW would be in my future. This bike made me feel like a kid again. If I'm honest, I so badly wanted to buy another to have a stock one for it's bouncy slow goodness, and this one as a showpiece of my life's work as a mechanic.. As my father has been telling me, life hardly ever goes how we wish but generally has a beautiful path for us to follow if we have the heart to see it.

Thank you again sir, your post really does mean a lot.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I think I once saw pics of this TW but I can't seem to find anything now maybe by lame old browser is finally tHitts up but is there any pics of this available or posted anywhere on the interwebs ?

or send any to [email protected]

Thanks, Fred in Prescott (just got back from Ojai a few hours ago and had extra room on the trailer but pretty sure I can find my way back lol)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Placer, haha Ojai is definitely close. I haven't posted it for sale anywhere else because I'd be heartbroken if it didn't go to someone who I knew would treat it right. Haven't posted anything else of it except some pictures on instagram of my trip to Oregon in 2018, and a couple local trail rides. I'll take a look and see what I have though, and if there's a thing else you want specifically I can see if I can get some help to take more photos.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
thanks ! I think I might have seen some pics is this the TW with the bare silver frame showing in places like the plastic was removed here and there ? still likes the look if thats the bike, thanks and I"ll PM you my cell # so you can text pics too

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, it has been converted to a "naked" style (still have all the stock parts for original airbox/battery box/tank/plastics except the rear end which was gone when I bought it). The custom battery box has a lithium dry battery in it now.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You seriously have over $13,000 invested in this TW200?
Bike is in Santa Barbara, CA. 93103
Price is $6500 for everything.

Now before I go further, yes I am looking for 6500k cash. Amount invested is over twice that.

There is too much to list/go over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes sir, including the serow motor and all the parts for the 250cc/6 speed. Revalving of the suspension, full electrical rebuild, big tank, multiple racks, multiple exhausts, multiple bars, and then all the normal farkles (skid plate, pegs, bark busters, levers, brake lines/brake lever, oil cooler,auxiliary lighting).. I'm missing some but it certainly added up fast 😂

Like some have said, I'd never expect to get back anywhere near what I invested and 7500 I was looking for initially I still was fighting the urge to keep it hard. Things have changed massively since then so... It is what it is

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
It is what it is....a good machine for anyone who gets it. Over time we tend to forget the price we pay and remember the fun it gives instead.
Good luck with sale (GLWS to those who speak acronimical english).

Reactions: billdapart

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry to hear Bill, good luck with your medical issues, most import is to recover and take care of yourself.

Wow, gorgeous bike, someone will be very happy.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice looking bike on the imgur link you provided.

All the best to you.

Reactions: billdapart
1 - 20 of 21 Posts