TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a monday, today's not so bad. here's my new friend. if u wonder what the excitement was all about, it's because the mean little shit got away from me 5 times in the process of taking this pic.
cat.jpg

had to ride my bike home to get the truck and my big helper....
i can't believe she missed all the trees. :toothy9:
yikes.jpg

checked on my frog eggs, and they're getting big. one of lomax's cousins and me talked a buddy of his into trying them. definitely gonna have to get pics of that... :icon_puke_r:
eggs.jpg

can u tell i absolutely love my podunk country life??? :icon_flower:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many people will be feeding off of that giant fish? And the frog eggs are better if you wait until they are frog legs.
it was more of a catch and release effort. I figure this summer he'll be just about big enough to fillet.

and no joke on the frog legs. super delish! i was thinking that it'd be a good place to go frog giggin with that many eggs down there.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
What a gal!! :D

You're a lucky man Will!!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have never gigged a frog. I Have caught and eaten many of them though. I would get in the bow of my canoe with a powerful light and we would cruise about 20 feet from the shore looking for the glow of eyes in the beam of light. I could tell how big a frog was by how far apart the eyes were as they lay in the water with only their eyes above the surface.
When a good one was spotted, I would lay out over the bow holding the light in the frogs eyes while my partner carefully poled the canoe over to him. When the light was less than a foot from the frog, I would reach over and behind him while the bright light made it impossible fro him to see and grab him from behind. By catching them this was they went into the bag unharmed. This way if I didn't get enough for a meal, they were still alive when I went hunting the next night.
When enough were in the bag they were cleaned and cooked and delicious. Each leg was about the size of a chicken drumstick.

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Takes a special mom to teach her daughter to drive with such a big smile.
I learned at about that age in a battered jeep that could endure hitting the occasional small tree.
Shouldn't motorcycle lessons be next?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never gigged a frog. I Have caught and eaten many of them though. I would get in the bow of my canoe with a powerful light and we would cruise about 20 feet from the shore looking for the glow of eyes in the beam of light. I could tell how big a frog was by how far apart the eyes were as they lay in the water with only their eyes above the surface.
When a good one was spotted, I would lay out over the bow holding the light in the frogs eyes while my partner carefully poled the canoe over to him. When the light was less than a foot from the frog, I would reach over and behind him while the bright light made it impossible fro him to see and grab him from behind. By catching them this was they went into the bag unharmed. This way if I didn't get enough for a meal, they were still alive when I went hunting the next night.
When enough were in the bag they were cleaned and cooked and delicious. Each leg was about the size of a chicken drumstick.
Sounds like y'all had a pretty nice system going.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Takes a special mom to teach her daughter to drive with such a big smile.
I learned at about that age in a battered jeep that could endure hitting the occasional small tree.
Shouldn't motorcycle lessons be next?
Hopefully soon enough. although I think she's going to have to grow a few more inches

1 - 11 of 11 Posts