TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start of the trail. Decided to have a cigrit and some water before the first attempt.

funday1.jpg

funday2.jpg

I took the left hand path
funday3.jpg

funday4.jpg

funday5.jpg

The blueberries were quite tasty, they are everywhere out here.
funday6.jpg

funday7.jpg

funday8.jpg

There is a trail there, somewhere.
funday9.jpg

1st Crash of the day!
funday10.jpg

Continued below

Reactions: buellzebub

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I find a great way to clean you rear tire, is to spin it in sand.
funday11.jpg

This was fun 1st gear action - unfortunately couldnt capture much
funday12.jpg

funday13.jpg

funday14.jpg

Pesky tree jumped in the way
funday15.jpg

Beavers - gotta love em. One day the trails are dry, the next weekend they're under water.
funday16.jpg

funday17.jpg

Out the other side
funday18.jpg

funday19.jpg

funday20.jpg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks like a great wet place to be riding - And blueberry galore, nice!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Practicing in that stuff/slop will make the solid stuff seem easy! But as you mentioned less friendly on falls.

With all those blueberries my wife would be making a lot of blueberry cobbler/crisp - one of my favs. :)
We have boat loads of blackberries in this area.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Blackberries are pretty awesome!

Instead of just random posts. I'll put this here instead. I'm thinking about painting my bike, or getting a spare set of plastics, idk yet. I just played around with Microsoft Paint and came up with this;

Honda Red-ish TW200
RED4.jpg

It was actually kinda fun using MSPaint. I really wish I knew how to use Photoshop. Being able to "try on" different fenders, parts, etc, would be pretty cool.

Kawasaki Inspired Green TW200
Green1.jpg

Joking
0.198liters.jpg

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
WTF is the giant black thing?
Looks like a fun ride!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Heh,

It was a political sign from about a year ago, I guess. I just thought it was an odd location for one. It isn't exactly a remote area, but you don't get a lot of foot traffic, either. I decided to stealthily hide it in the background, 'cause it had someone's name and email address on it. Not looking to cause anyone grief.

I love riding in mud. Not sure why, exactly. I'm not gonna lie, I wrecked pretty bad one time, because I turned my head around to see my "roost" as I was going through a muddy section. Also, the last 4 pictures, I was having a great time. Then in the 4th picture, it's hard to make out, but there is a damn beaver dam. I guess it was about 2.5 - 3' high, grass growing out of it, slippery too. ATVs were able to get over it, I didn't even try - beyond my skill level. All of those pictures were probably taken within ~ 10 square kilometer area, probably not even that much, really. There are also a bunch of sand/gravel/aggregate pits nearby. Saw 2 guys having a helluva time in a custom Maverick.

For me, by far the hardest surface to ride so far, is loose sand, especially when it hasn't rained and is dusty dry. I've noticed some MX tracks, and it appears as though they are "skipping" across the sand, while I'm sort of riding the contours. Try and pick up the pace, maybe?

Reactions: Darth
1 - 7 of 7 Posts