1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
That is the cabin we are in right now! Real rustic and very quiet except for the Loons calling all night long.
Sorry I can't respond to much on the forum this week. No wifi for the PC and I am not up to speed with the I phone I never use but has excellent signal here. Saw 2 Moose today! Fishing will be tough with the water down in all the streams and rivers. 2 small brook trout this morning but this is gorgeous country up here in the north Maine woods. Got pics of the Moose but no way to transfer from the camera to phone.

GaryL

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Looks like a great place Gary. Happy Anniversary and have a great time! Good luck on the 5 pounder!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary when I was up last summer the Family was very worried I would hit a moose in the Camaro SS and it would come in the windshield and kill me the things just stand in the road like a brain dead cow. so keep an eye out this week.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary do you find the Beer taste's better up there?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
No worries about hitting Moose from this vacationing slow poke! Out on the main road heading home, 95 south with a speed limit of 75 might be the only place.

everything tastes better in the north Maine woods!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Looks like a great place Gary. Happy Anniversary and have a great time! Good luck on the 5 pounder!
Aint gonna happen on this trip! Wrong time of year and I brought my anchor with me to hold me back. She loves it but not enough to go where the real fish are. This trip is more R&R for her and a scouting expedition for me- all good!

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aint gonna happen on this trip! Wrong time of year and I brought my anchor with me to hold me back. She loves it but not enough to go where the real fish are. This trip is more R&R for her and a scouting expedition for me- all good!
Sounds like we should plan a trip next summer starting in Albany, NY at my Cousins Matts annual Pig roast first week of August and then head up north for a week.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not worried about the septic my uncle owns the garbage and septic company in the area.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Will do a drive by of the property at some point! So far in our travels around we see a lot of properties with signs.
There is some good trout fishing in the NY Adirondacks but you have to walk in a few miles to get to the good spots.
I never know what shape my knees will be in for long hikes. Right now I am walking rather careful and hoping not to twist it any worse.
It does suck to have a good motor with a bumb wheel holding me back.

·
Registered
648 Posts
GaryL, are you going up north to Rochester by any chance? I have a damaged piston and broken valve and maybe a damaged crankshaft. If a TW mechanic can take a close look at my bike in person and tell me if I just need a new piston and valve and would like a summer project to fix my bike for me for a better rate than my local shop, I'm all ears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts