TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
what mods did you have to do for the xt350 tank?
There is an informational thread on here someone laid out. I followed those who have forged ahead of me... It is step-by-step and I posted some pics as well. Quick search should pull those up. Basically had to make some spacers out of hockey pucks and modify a bracket to connect tank to frame. Super easy. I installed a Clarke 4.9 gallon xt 350 tank. I added some pipe insulation to fill gaps on the plastic and if I recall had to trim one side panel just a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Traditional splash-o-gas solution has been mounting the good old Tool Tube in post #14. tool tube.jpg

Then any of the MRS bottles up to 30 OZ will fit inside. The 30 oz is a good fit. MSR Fuel Bottles_1.jpg

Beware though, the 1.5 liter Primus are too large a diameter for the Tool Tube. primus.jpg

You might find some of these available used since many of us have evolved beyond into some serious fuel haulage like RotoPax, Clarke plastic tanks, and XT metal tanks. We do tend to keep the tool tubes installed though.;)
Affordable knock off spun aluminum containers are available but may need a gasket up-grade to a gasoline resistant seal.

All these solutions are discussed in past posts with reasonable titles, try search feature.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
large Clark xt 350 tank and a 1.75 roto…….. >500km range, never tested to full range. I carry an msr bottle full of engine oil.
Slight Thread hijack about to happen.

Is that picture taken outside Faro on the Robert Campbell (4) Hwy?

You may now return to the original topic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts