TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after I long time whidout using my Coleman minibike, I've noticed that my Coleman mini bike started to go slow, I thought that my bike was running out of gas, so I let it sit and after like 2 months I filled it with gas and once I opened the gas valve I saw that has was leaking behind the carburator.

Does anyone know what cause this problem and how to solve it?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Show pictures of where it is leaking. Not the right forums for a Coleman Mini bike.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
likely the float valve is stuck open or the floats have holes in them and filling up, allowing for fuel not to shut off. If it's just stuck, try whacking the carb with a rubber mallet or the handle end of a screw driver to see if it will stop leaking. Otherwise, you'll have to take the carb off and replace those parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Show pictures of where it is leaking. Not the right forums for a Coleman Mini bike.
I took some videos but they won't charge in here so I took some screenshots. IS LEAKING JUST BEHIND THE CARBURATOR
received_913399382847890_exported_2066~2.jpg
received_906594373219020_exported_3133~2.jpg
received_913399382847890_exported_5566~3.jpg

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Did you try tightening up that bolt on the bottom? I have that same motor on my pressure washer and my compactor. Turn the fuel lever to off, take the bolt off the bottom and remove the bowl, check for clean, then hold the float up and turn on the gas. If it leaks, it's the float seal. If it doesn't leak, it's the bowl gasket seal.

Also check you fuel line attachment. The fuel line may have cracks in it or it may be brittle and doesn't fit any more. You might be able to trim it back some and get it to seal. There's plenty of extra hose in the tank, just work an inch or so back to where it connects to the carb. This fault will leak with the fuel lever open or closed since it's before that lever, so that's a clue. If your bike leaks no matter what position the lever is in, then it's likely this fuel line isn't sealing right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts