TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked a Fall Baseball High School Double Header yesterday in the 95 degree{with humidity to match} across Grand Lake in St Marys, Ohio....stopped on the way home to get a six pack and filled up the Nitro...

$1.98 a Gallon about 8 cents higher in Celina at $2.06.9..

Anybody got that beat?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I remember 16 cents a gallon a long time ago....during some Los Angeles gas war's. :p I could just about fill up my Austin Healy Sprite for a dollar. :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad and uncle owned several gas stations back in the 50s and early 60s...I remember the station in South Venice, Florida, {Gulf, then Phillips 66, and finally ESSO} was at "War" back in the mid 1950s...I think it got a low as 15.9 with premium at 16 or 17 cents...needless to say the old man was not getting rich off gas, lucky for us he was a great mechanic{something my brother and cousin, both a few years old than me took up, I didn't like getting my hands dirty....so I passed, which is why I always need some help with the TW these days...}:p

South Venice 66.jpg

South Venice 66 in 1961

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I used to fill my Honda Mini Trail, back in the mid 60's for a quarter. I imagine it took around a gallon...but I really don't remember. Gas was around $2.49 yesterday in the UP, and my last fill in Michigan (same place in Coldwater where we filled on the last trip) was $2.22. I haven't been to town yet to see what it is locally here in Indiana. But under two bucks seems amazing.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Gas in Radisson, Quebec, if I remember correctly was $1.19 a liter. But of course the US dollar is running at .75 Canadian or so, which means...well heck I can't do all the math required, but way more than it is in Ohio for sure. :D

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
In the Boise area I've been paying around $2.85 a gallon for regular unleaded, while diesel is about $2.77. And I feel great it's that cheap. Idaho or Boise area in general is usually near the top in the nation's fuel prices. We've been told why, nearest refinery in Salt Lake, is what causes the price to be high. Not as high as some places, but we're well away from less than $2.00 I see posted here.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty amazing since it was near $3 per gallon in the Midwest a month ago, when the refinery "shut down" was foisted on us....so dropping a buck a gallon in a month or so has been a welcome relief...especially since I do a lot of traveling from game to game at good distances during football season....:p

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here in East Germany it's 1.369 EUR/Liter, that's 5.18 EUR / gallon -->> $5.79 per gallon.
This is a low price.

In 2012 it was close to 1.80 EUR/Liter -> $ 7.61 per gallon

·
Registered
583 Posts
$1.05 per litre here in Nova Scotia today. That times 3.78= $3.97 + 25%= $4.96US per US gallon. Ouch!! Still better than it has been in a while. Makes me appreciate the great mileage the TW gives me. My truck....well that’s another story altogether.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Update! Diesel at 2.02 yesterday. Wish I had a bigger tank.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
We have a surplus of oil now that we can't find anyone to export to...yet the prices don't reflect this at all. Bunch of Crooks. This is one more reason I've never driven a motor vehicle till age 39 when I got my t-dub. It makes me want to turn it into a wood burner.lol

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yesterday I checked gas prices for my area on the internet. They said that for Hawi Hawaii regular was less than 3 dollars. So I went to gas up.
There is only one gas station in Hawi and regular was 3.38.9.
Like ben Franklin said, " Don't believe everything on the internet".

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$2.03 in Celina....$1.98 in St Marys...and $1.99 in Van Wert, yesterday

1 - 20 of 26 Posts