TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
You may be able to “make it fit” with some creative modifications and mounting but I would say it’s not likely otherwise. Now I cannot see the underside to verify mounting but that’s just my best guess from what I can see. Have a look at the XT225 tanks, either stock or Clarke. I mounted one and like it so far.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You may be able to “make it fit” with some creative modifications and mounting but I would say it’s not likely otherwise. Now I cannot see the underside to verify mounting but that’s just my best guess from what I can see. Have a look at the XT225 tanks, either stock or Clarke. I mounted one and like it so far.
Sthrnromr, how did the TW side panels line up with your Clarke XT225 tank? In the photo you posted they look good.
Thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a tank (2.7 gal), seat, and plastics off a TTR225 I'll give you, if you want to try to use them. :dontknow:

I also cut off the section of frame where the tank mounts, so you can copy it on to your TW frame.

I was going to try this myself... but I've just got too much going on.

I'll cover shipping to Seattle, if you have a place I can send them for you to pick up. :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Might need a heat gun to soften and re-mold the Acerbis tank if there is conflict with handlebars at full deflection, or other mis-match.
The Clarke tanks for TW200 and XT225 are best bet for addressing fitment issues around steering stem and petcock, as well as permitting use of OEM side covers.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Probably not. I've looked at CJ7's TTR tank and it looks like it could be made to fit although with a lot more work than simply installing a Clarke model specific tank.
But hey, you're a motorcyclist, right? We like to experiment.:) definition..png

1 - 13 of 13 Posts