TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've heard the old saying "out of sight out of mind"? Well, I think I am just going to solve the chewed tank decal problem, at least for now, with a set of tank panniers. I've just got too much work and projects to deal with it any other way this summer.

So, help me find a suitable pair. Here is what I would like:

1) Not too large.

2) Secure, full zippers, roll down top, or some other method of full closure. (That will rule out most inexpensive ATV models as well as the "pommel bags")

3) Subdued color, preferably black or red to match my bike.

I do like the Wolfman model I saw, but I am concerned they will be too large for the relatively small TW tank, so if anyone has a set of those mounted I would love to see a picture.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
About a year ago, someone on the forum posted that Cabela's had these ATV/UTV tank saddlebags in their Bargain Cave for about $7.00. They work great for my purposes, basically carrying some sandwiches and a few bottle of water. I don't see them on the Cabela's website now, but the brand is Mad Dog Gear by Stearns. Maybe someone else carries them.

100_4165.JPG

100_4166.JPG

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm real happy with the Coleman ATV/UTV Tank-Top Saddle Bag that I got from Amazon for 19.35. The say Mad Dog Gear on them but are different than the ones pictured by TW-Brian. The ones I got don't have the flap. Just zippers. Here they are Amazon.com: Coleman ATV/UTV Tank-Top Saddle Bag (Black): Sports & Outdoors They don't say Coleman on them like the picture. Anyway, they fit perfect. Not in the way at all. I'll probably leave them on all of the time. Wish the zippers were the next size bigger because they are the weakest part. Just need to be careful with them. I did 125 miles today and the same last week with stuff in them over some really rough terrain.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a set of the Mad Dog and a set of the Tractor Supply tank panniers. I found the Mad Dog was a bit large on the tank (my knees were constantly in contact with the bags) so use these as small panniers on the rear and still employ the TS set on the tank when needed. The Mad Dogs are better constructed and more water resistant than the TS bags - but for the price either was hard to beat.

The Wolfman series would undoubtedly be great bags - everything Wolfman I own is solid, well constructed and dependable - but of course higher on the cost scale. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts