TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have 25 TW200 gas tanks

I decided to sell them and put a custom colored Clarke tank (yellow semi-translucent) on all the bikes (rental business) make easier to identify

FYI order 10 tanks from Clarke cost is $164.00 per tank !!

so what is a fair price for the tanks ??

most are in mint condition

years 1987 to 2008

open to suggestions !

different size caps

what about the keys ??

help ...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I'd try to get at least as much as I paid for the new Clarke tanks. I don't know how much more you could get than that unless someone is looking for a matching tank for their bike and you happen to have one. I wouldn't worry about caps or keys, they get whatever cap comes with the tank, then they can have a key made from the local locksmith to fit it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Better off removing the locking mechanism on the cap. I did that with a 96 and an 08. no one stealing 1.6 gallons of fuel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd like a white one with black or grey accents, not sure what years that would be. How much shipped to 20198?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
25? wow! can you post pics of these tanks? I'm sure lots of members here would love to buy them from you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I removed my lock mechanism as well, (long story why) But I never understood why lock it, since all a gas thief would need to do is pull the hose under the tank, nice and convenient like, they don't even need to bring their own hose. Almost as goofy as locking a screen door.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I removed my lock mechanism as well, (long story why) But I never understood why lock it, since all a gas thief would need to do is pull the hose under the tank, nice and convenient like, they don't even need to bring their own hose. Almost as goofy as locking a screen door.
to me its more about people not putting stuff IN the tank.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You know, I never thought of that.
flat slide carbs are an (arguable) upgrade in the V-Max world. More than a few engines have been ruined as people threw coins in the velocity stacks that sit outside scoops.

people can be assholes...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking for a 1990 Blueish green tank to complete my bike or one that I can paint to match. Aloha

·
Registered
145 Posts
Post some pics! I'd be interested in a 1991 purple tank if you have it. Classic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts